Joining 4 Para

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Milesy, Apr 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi folks. I seen the other 4 para thread, but it wasn't really on topic to what I want to ask about so I hope it is ok to start a new thread on it.

I am 27 and want to join the TA in 4 Para. I was in the cadets as a youth, and nearly joined up after ballsing up my education, but ended up going to college and doing well in I.T and ended up staying there. In that time e eat a lot, I put on a lot of weight, and drank a lot. About 2 years ago I started taking Panic Attacks which I put down to my lazy healthy life style and decided to do something about it.

In the last 2 years I lost a few stone in fat, started running, cycling, doing weights and eating healthily, and basically a complete life style change (I style like the night up the pub occasinally though).

I have a nice house, and getting married but I am at a crossroads where I feel like I want to achive something more in my life than sitting in front of a computer 5 days a week and want a real challenge in my life before it is too late.

Is the TA for me? Is 4 Para for me??
  2. TA probably...

4 PARA - Only you can decide...

Pop down the recruiter.. Get some DVDs, Books etc and have a chat.
  3. thanks. it would be good if there was anyone here who have passed selection or not that could question me to see if I they think I can make it
  4. And on what experience do you base this?
  5. His vast soldiering experience, gained solely by masturbating over back issues of Combat & Survival.
  6. Sorry didn't realise he was an ACF AI
  7. Cadet, actually :D