Joining 4 Mercian.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by spud-monkey, Apr 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly hello to everyone.

Right down to business. I'm hoping to get down to my local TA Regt this coming Tuesday, to start the joining process.
    My question is how long would it be before i'd be able to go on operations? It's the 4th Mercian Regt i'm intresting in joining.
    I was hoping to join the regs this year, but was told at by final interview that i'd not be able to pay my mortgage on army wages. I'm unable to sell the house as my ex and kids still live there.
    I'm thirty this year and would like to do something positive with my life and think that the TA will give me what i'm looking for. What i'm looking for is the chance to get out on operations instead of some one else being asked to do what i'm not doing but would gladly go and do.

Thanks for any help.

2. Anyone out there???????

3. Get down to your TAC on Tuesday and talk to them.

Quick answer is that once you have completed Phase 2 training (Combat Infantryman's Course) plus 6 months you can go on ops.

Therefore you should be able to make the 4 MERCIAN deployment in April next year if you get you skates on.

4. I take it the deployment is to Herrick?

5. Thanks Bullshot. I've been down to my local centre and i'm off to do some training with them this weekend. I was hoping to do Midland challenge and get all my basic training done, but i have a wedding at the end of July and have been told it is unlikely that i'll be able to have a break in training to attend it, so it's looking like i'll have to do the weekends instead. Hopfully i wont miss the deployment in April.

Thanks again for the reply.

6. Yeah its herrick,
    Spud monkey, which coy did you goto?