Joining 4/73 bty from another regiment

Hi,

I'm looking into the 4/73 special ob post battery, I'm already in RAC and was wondering if it's a 2 year posting or is it a permanent transfer. Also as a lance jack would I keep my rank if I joined?

Cheers.

gorilla

War Hero
I believe you get offered the hoice to change capbadges once you have completed selection. As long as you have completed the CLM and got the relevant trade quals for your rank I don't see it being a problem.

It's a long time since I was involved but people kept their cap badge until they voluntarily chose to transfer. So far as I can remember they kept their rank too. They advertise widely for volunteers so I don't expect things have changed much

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Hi,

I'm looking into the 4/73 special ob post battery, I'm already in RAC and was wondering if it's a 2 year posting or is it a permanent transfer. Also as a lance jack would I keep my rank if I joined?

Cheers.
Why not give them a ring on Monday?

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Thanks for the help, also forgot to ask has anyone got any idea where they're based? I heard marne barracks?

It's at Marne barracks with 5 Regt. I think there's a DIN about volunteering for the Battery so ask your Tp Ldr to dig it out for you.

Although if you want to go for that lot, why not give either type of Selection a try?

Latest Threads