Joining 3/5 MI (V)

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Part_Time_WALT, Jul 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright, any of you professional cynics fancy telling me what I will be in for?

I'm going to apply for an officer role in 3/5 MI(V) as advertised on the Army site. There's no working links on the units and I want to know whether my location in the rural North is a barrier to pies etc.

Also, how long from interview to sandpit? I presume that will be a rapid turnaround. How much will I have to spend on my own kit? Anything else I should know?

Yours in scouting,

2. that's the first test mate.

you might want to post this on the int corps forum as well (and read the sticky in there)
  3. Worth bearing in mind that if you were born and/or live in the blighted north you will probably gravitate to 5 Bn as you won't have the necessary social skills to hack it with the sophisticates of 3 MI Bn.
  4. Thanks for your help, gentlemen. And what is this about 'sophisticates'? Persons damned to drinking headless beers in a Pitcher and Piano? When I were a lad...