Joining 2RTR!

Discussion in 'RAC' started by TankieDan, Jan 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hiya lads, I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me as I will be joining 2rtr later on this year? Anything at all will be apreciated.

Dan,

2. If you'd watched Richard Hammands 5 O'Clock show tonight you'd already know due to training cutbacks, all tank driver training is now done with RC tanks and empty coke bottles.

3. That big £2.5k tank at the end looked like great fun!

Dan,

4. as an ancient veteren I know for certain that one piece of advice will remain constant for generations to come!!

get yourself a decent battery razor!!!

on excercise on Soltau or the polish equivalent you will still be expected to shave every day, and in winter that is not as easy as it seems.

strip to the waist and use cold steel Or!!! hood down quick zap with the battery razor and hood back up again, now which is best? let me think!!!!

5. BUMP, there must be a few more 2RTR guys on here? :wink:

Also I was wondering what sort of day to day work do you do when you are at your regiment? I have just found out tht I will be going to Fally till the end of 07 and dont really know much about the place.

thanks in advance.

Dan,

6. You can get good icecream in Fally town...

7. Thanks for the link grey.

Dan,

8. The best thing to do when you get to fally is er!.......................get out of fally! As long as you have a car you will be fine.

I would say keep your head down settle into regimental life then go exploring europe (helping with anglo/euro drinking relations) at weekends when you have the chance. Lots of guys sit behind there nerd stations all day then complain that fally is crap........mad!

Not that you will be in fally for long anyway as its a pretty busy 18 months by the look of things.

9. Make sure you pay a visit to Lay-by- Lill after a splendid night in the Jango bar! Then some greasy chicken in the Wee House as a night cap! Quantum leap or wot! Probably a friggin tesco's outlet now! :x :wink:

10. Listen mate, save yourself the trouble. If you want to look like a wnaker just use your right hand - at least then you can stay at home. ;)

11. Lay-by-Lill and her campervan. Ah the brain, flashback!

12. Was never brave enough to trust her with any part of my body. I heard she was dead btw - murdered it would seem by a Scots infantryman?

Anybody else hear?

13. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I was thinking to myself, "Shirley he means Daughter of Laby Lil?"

... or Granddaughter ... ?