Joining 266 Battery RA(V) / A Coy The Rifles

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Jonny251, Apr 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After a long time out of the TA I'm looking to re join now that I have moved house and my situation has changed having had a MAD work life for the past few years. I'm taking 12 months off work to devote to a personal project.

I'm thinking about either 266 Battery RA in Bristol or A Company Rifles in Gloucester, as I'm bang in between the two.

I was thinking about UKSFR, but an astygmatism has put pay to that.

I would like to apply for a commission eventually (I have a number of management quals).

I was wondering in there is anyone on here that is a member of either unit that coud give me an insight? I have emailed both the relevant PSAO's.

Cheers. C

2. Try PMing Hollos, he's A Coy 6 Rifles. Not that you'll get much sense out of him mind!

3. Thanks a lot, I will.

4. A Coy parade in Bristol too.

Check PMs.

5. Thanks B-T

6. If you fancy the challenge, 266 Bty is now Commando

7. Cheers Welly; are you a member? I know they are/were Para, didn't realise they had now become Commando too.

8. mate go to 266

9. Never should have gotten rid of 289 (Cdo) Bty :(

10. There is also the opportunity to do the Commando Course within the Rifles.

@staticlinepimp - sh*te post, at least try and explain a little.

11. I was under the impression that 266 was re-roling as an AD Bty. All their recent staff acquisitions are rapier rather than light gun qualified...

12. I guess it boils down to whether you want to be a Gunner or an Infanteer. Visit both units, make an informed decision.
    I can't speak for 266 Bty, but I get the impression they are a good unit. If you heve no joy with the PSAO of 266 PM me, I know one of the Lt's there.
    Hollos and Belt-Twit are both A Coy 6 Rifles.
    If you get no joy from either unit, PM Coax-on, he'll sort you out. (Oooh-err missus!)

13. are the TA from 6 & 7 Rifles allowed to do the AACC? I suppose it makes sense if they can be used as IRs on ops

14. We've got a few lads going to do it, so I believe so.

15. The rumours say yes, but I don't know of anyone to have attempted it yet (or started pre-commando trg).