ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Joining 23 para regiment ? Questions and advice please

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Anonzo, Mar 2, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

Been doing a little exploring for my future in the royal engineers soon and was just wondering when we finish trade training and can apply for the choice of joining a regiment ,if I was to select 23 para regiment (and fingers crossed get selected) would I still be in the regiment even if I haven't completed p-coy ? I read on another article that not every engineer in the the regiment has passed p-company and only about half or so have there wings, does this mean that if I do hopefully get into 23 para do I need to 100% pass p-company to stay there or can I still be in the regiment if I was not to pass ? Likewise is this the same for 24 commando regiment ?

P.s I've basically heard you can be posted at 23 without actually passing p coy, is this true ?

Thank you

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

See this:

Everything You Wanted to Know About Joining the Sappers....Part 2

In response to your question about P Coy/AACC: these units will have people who have not passed the relevant course, but at your rank and seniority, you should aim to pass the necessary course. If you are clearly not able to pass, it is generally better for all concerned to be posted somewhere else.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017