joing TA with SNLR

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by sapper8526, Mar 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. joined regs at 16 left on snlr after 3 years, was sort of forced down that root by my troopy after having severe family troubles, im 26 now so it was i while back will this be a no thank you if i apply for TA dont want to look a tit applying
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Phone up a local Unit, ask to speak to the PSAO - he will be best placed to advise you. People change, who knows but there may be a chance!
  3. things certainly have changed and would love to get back into it on a part time level i spoke to a ACIO staff on army jobs website he said its no go full stop
  4. Hello mate. Well what i can say is there's hope. A mate of mine i served with is joining 4 Para..he;s been accapted and he was snlr'd/ discharged after being awol for about 2 and half nearly 3 years..but then the judge said he was a good soldier who had been let down by the army..long story he wanted to join the para's but got talked into the Pwrr afet being told the para's werent recruiting etc etc..same old numbers game. But yeah the judge said the army had been deprived of a good soldier by the army's lack of foresight and by lack of unit support. His final letter from his solicitor had this written in it and it was all stuff that helped make the decision a yes in his favour. Go for it...worst that can happen if they'll say no.