joing ta after signing of reg army

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by safc83, Feb 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ive signed of the regular army and my relise date is november iam really wanting to join the t.a as i still want some part of the army in my life does any one know if this can be done leaving regular army and joining the ta

2. msr

msr LE

Yes, it is very easy and you retain your rank (if you join within 3 years).

msr

3. Not that i want to upset msr, but a few more details.
    You will go straight to top level bounty (pro rata for the amount of the training year is left when you sign up)
    You do have the requirement of limit MATTS to complete in that year, off the top of my head, PASS PFT, BCD (only), WHT, attend super six.
    You have to complete 19 days training per year, which DOES NOT have to include a camp, as well as no compulsary deployments in that 3 year period. ( you may have colour service left from your reg days though!)
    You do not neccesarily retain your rank, it depends if there is a vacancy in the unit you choose. I have found that you generally will be found a slot!

The three years runs from when you left the service, so if you have been out for a year for example, you will have 2 years of this incentive left.

Having said all that i have just found out the DIN!

2007DIN01-014

It may have been updated, but it is what i am going off in November when I finish 232 year reg and dont want to miss the crack!!

4. Also if you want to avoid the whole TA enlistment procedure and come straight in see your RCMO and complete a change of engagement form (going from Open/VEng/whatever to TA Gp A) and your TA career starts the day after your discharge from the Regulars.

5. That is good advice.

My application took months for glasgow to process due to me being an ex reg. There are currently a handfull of ex reg lads waiting to join my troop and the only thing holding them up is glasgow. it is frustrating.

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It used to be so easy, tip up with red book about 3 months after leaving, beers with the OC, 6 weeks later kit arrives and bollocking for being ncorrectly dressed (promoted whilst still not issued kit!)