Joing RLC

Discussion in 'RLC' started by s123steph, Mar 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i just want to know after the barb test and get a good score

+What is the next stage of getting into the RLC
    +What physical tests do you have to do?

Also does anyone know what the weight requirements for a chef is?
  2. I can see some fun answers coming from this thread.
  3. lol ok
  4. Ready, Fire, Aim.
  5. At least 20 stone I think.
  6. lol no u dont
  7. Why be a Chef, be the creme-de-la creme of the RLC.....
    A PetOp! :numberone:

You can even do some chef type stuff as well...roasting, sandwich making etc!! :chef:

Seriously though, its actually a good trade to have so if your that way inclined then go for it, but if you like fuel and doing hard labour for the next 22years then consider us poor PetOps.
  8. Grow a beer gut.
    Burn water.

A chef should weigh no less than 20 stone and no more than 20 stone, one of the difficulties of being a chef is managing to do just that.
  9. If you scored well you could become an Ammo Tech seeing as you have the necessary qualifications already i.e Spending all day posting on arrse.........................meow!
  10. HAHAHA Watch and shoot watch and shoot. At the opening question......RAPID FIRE
  11. Steph, at 15 nearly 16, are you going straight into the regs or the army college?
  12. army college
  13. Weight requiremnts for chefs?

You obviously meant the carrying kind!

Well let me put your mind at rest.... You are required to complete a 60m egg and spoon dash in under 20 Minutes. Good Luck!
  14. Whilst Chef Senior ranks can carry a few pounds I’ve found Junior Rank chefs to be quite svelte. If you are a fatty and want to fit in as a Private why not consider being a Tank Transporter?
  15. Steady, we have a few athletic types now :strong: . Probably due to a mixture of Telic and pies not being sold in the bar anymore.