Join in with spoiling your ballot paper

After having my I'm outraged about everything group removed I figure we may as well all spoil our ballot papers and vote for Jeremy Clarkson.

Considering the choice of Lib Dems, Conservatives and Labour why the feck not. :)

As he is not an official candidate, probably not.

chimera

LE
Why not just spoil your ballot paper by voting Tory?

Vote properly.

Men and women have worked hard, and even died, so that you can vote. Don't insult them by throwing your vote away or anyother pish.

If you don't like the parties that are there, start your own.

chocolate_frog said:
Vote properly.

Men and women have worked hard, and even died, so that you can vote. Don't insult them by throwing your vote away or anyother pish.

Too late. - Deadline to apply to register a new party to contest election 12 April 2010

Plus of course - members of the armed forces are disqualified from becoming a Member of the UK Parliament.

Steven said:
chocolate_frog said:
Vote properly.

Too late. - Deadline to apply to register a new party to contest election 12 April 2010

Plus of course - members of the armed forces are disqualified from becoming a Member of the UK Parliament.
Not if we have a coup and rewrite the rule book!! :D

Yeah I'd vote for Jeremy, I'd vote for him to be put in cement up to the neck. Then I'd wait till it sets, squat over his head and curl out a long brown turn onto his forehead - smiling with satisfaction as it slides down his grumpy face.

No, just no. Not even funny for the reasons given above.

The country in the toilet financially and people need to vote for the party they believe will give us the best chance of recovery, before our kids end up sorting litter for a career.

In my view if you want to make a difference you only have two choices, Labour or Conservative. I accept this is not great and there is not much that is positive about either.

However any alternative is waste of time and unrealistic.

YM

InVinoVeritas said:
Steven said:
chocolate_frog said:
Vote properly.

Wouldn't the blood stains be counted as a spoilt ballot paper though?

Yeo_Man said:

The country in the toilet financially and people need to vote for the party they believe will give us the best chance of recovery, before our kids end up sorting litter for a career.

In my view if you want to make a difference you only have two choices, Labour or Conservative. I accept this is not great and there is not much that is positive about either.

YM
Spot on.

Steven said:
InVinoVeritas said:
Steven said:
chocolate_frog said:
Vote properly.

Wouldn't the blood stains be counted as a spoilt ballot paper though?
We'd print the ballot forms on blotting paper to soak it all up!!

Yeo_Man said:

YM
What sort of attitude is that to have?

The country is in the shite and both the main parties are useless but vote for them any way?

chocolate_frog said:
Vote properly.

Alternatively other people have served etc for my liberty, so I can do what the fcuk I want with my vote. C0ck.

smudge67 said:
chocolate_frog said:
Vote properly.

Alternatively other people have served etc for my liberty, so I can do what the fcuk I want with my vote. C0ck.
Yes, I can see the scene now. As the Yeomanry cantered towards them, swords high "remember men, in years to come the vote will be such a common thing, people wont give a fcuk to vote!!!"

chocolate_frog said:
smudge67 said:
chocolate_frog said:
Vote properly.

Yes, I can see the scene now.
Can you?? Really? :roll:

Have you been round Ord_Sgts gaff for an afternoon meth session?

chocolate_frog said:
Vote properly.

By your own standards then surely those who are serving can do whatever the hell they like with their ballot paper. And what a pityful excuse to either vote Tory or Labour, yeah they are both shite but what other choice do you really have?

Hello,

I would like to see the last box on the ballot paper reserved for "None of the above" to give the electorate the opportunity to reject all candidates.

tangosix.

Why should the political parties care about wasted votes? An apathetic electorate plays right into their hands as they then only need to put effort into pleasing the voting areas that will affect them. They know they have the party faithful so no need to put any effort in there.

One of the things that make political parties strategists uneasy is nonaligned opinionated voters, these are the ones who can make a difference. Another type of voter they fear is when a demographic group organise themselves into a voting block for the sake of protest, much like the pensioners did a few elections ago. The Tories sh1t themselves and spent a lot of money and effort to break them up.

So don't waste your votes, get together and make it known that you intend to vote for one particular party en-masse. It will have more sway.

IMO

tangosix said:
Hello,

I would like to see the last box on the ballot paper reserved for "None of the above" to give the electorate the opportunity to reject all candidates.

tangosix.
We've got a bloke standing around here, he has started a political party called "None Of The Above" I might just vote for him.