join as infantry or pioneer ...please help!!!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by dale_w, Jul 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im in the process of getting fitter for joining the TA but im not sure on which role is best for me, the main reason i want to join is to become an infantry soldier thats all ive ever wanted to do in th army, but ive recently been made unemployed and realised how hard it is to get a job with little qualifications, now im thinking maybe i should do a trade, but the only one that looks appealing to me is pioneer (logistics). im stuck with what to an infantryman like ive always wanted or join a trade which benefits my civvy life??? are there any pioneers out there that can tell me what the role is like?
    im just trying to get as much info as i can as ive heard the recruitment officers tend not to give you the best advice.
  2. You say you just been made unemployed, why dont you join the regulars and gain yourself a decent trade, the army still do the basic soldiering so you get the best of both worlds anyway.Cheap accomodation,good food,beer,pay and a trade in your pocket, be wise to at least have a look at it.
  3. i have two children that i see very little of anyway and being away from them even more isnt something i want to do. Dont get me wrong i do want to go on tours, its why i want to join but i couldnt be away from home constantly.
  4. Forget the kids, you can always make some more.
  5. if only it was so simple mate!
  6. ply her with booze, always works, then if she still wont budge promise to renew wedding vowels in Barbados, if not then say bollox to her! Good luck
  7. Assault Pioneer, best of both worlds?
  8. i think ill stick with the infantry