Johnny Mercer alleges Boris allies are trying to discredit his book

(Check MSM for more on this)

Johnny Mercer MP is alleging that Boris allies are approaching his old army colleagues asking if his stated army service is correct etc, and are trying to discredit his book (as a way to stop him attacking Boris).

Review - "Unflinching and laced with wry humour, Johnny Mercer's book We Were Warriors is an action-packed account of his journey from young commando to a captain with one of the most pressurized and skilled jobs in the army."

(It is still in the non-fiction section obviously - but maybe Boris might even try to change that).

Boris is a dead man walking.

544B0792-7549-43FF-9A54-3AACA16524DB.jpeg

That’s Boris that is…

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
No big fan of Boris - but not a fan of Mercer or Ellwood or any of the others who seem to bang on about their military credentials at every opportunity. Elwood's 'chairmanship' of the Select Committee is risible.

ETA: WTF is his book about and why would anyone want to read it?

No big fan of Boris - but not a fan of Mercer or Ellwood or any of the others who seem to bang on about their military credentials at every opportunity. Elwood's 'chairmanship' of the Select Committee is risible.

It’s no different to the whole host of junior Officer HERRICK memoirs.

If what he has wrote in his book is accurate then he'll have nothing to worry about.

This reminds me of that ex-army officer MP giving a teary statement in parliament back in August last year following the Afghan exit saga only for a handful of posters on here to indicate he may have... got a little carried away in the moment and embellished exaggerated over egged his experiences.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Does this mean I can write my TELIC/HERRICK memoirs now?

Day 73.
******* dust in everything, again.
Garry shat himself.Again.

Op minimise. Again.

If what he has wrote in his book is accurate then he'll have nothing to worry about.

This reminds me of that ex-army officer MP giving a teary statement in parliament back in August last year following the Afghan exit saga only for a handful of posters on here to indicate he may have... got a little carried away in the moment and embellished exaggerated over egged his experiences.
I’ve never met anyone from his peer group who’ve raised so much as whisper about “embellishments”.

They’re 50:50 divided as to his broader abilities mind you - quite scathingly so. And given many are happy to slag him off for that, but not what he did on your, I suspect it’s fairly (+- for publishers’ perks) accurate.

I had a quick flick at a brothers house couple of days back. What I saw looked OK.
It is just his story of going to war.
He lost a close mate which obviously hurt him - no suprise there.

I'll happily read the whole book.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I had a quick flick at a brothers house couple of days back. What I saw looked OK.
It is just his story of going to war.
He lost a close mate which obviously hurt him - no suprise there.

I'll happily read the whole book.
Is that it? Loads of people could write a ‘book’ about that, me included.

I won’t though, because not only can I not be arrsed but I don’t see my experience as anything special!

Is that it? Loads of people could write a ‘book’ about that, me included.

I won’t though, because not only can I not be arrsed but I don’t see my experience as anything special!

If it is poorly written - well, then its 5 minutes of your time wasted.
The quick flick I had, read quite well - I will happily read the rest and then judge it.

anglo

LE
If it is poorly written - well, then its 5 minutes of your time wasted.
The quick flick I had, read quite well - I will happily read the rest and then judge it.
I think it is a good book, well written, gave me insight into what the Soldiers
went through in Afghanistan

Latest Threads