Johnny Forigner

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by junior_RLC, Dec 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all, long time listener who has been AWOL. Good to see the site coming on and all the good work the drunkards in the office have been doing.

Question; Seeing as we let any ali, mbazo and hammam in to our forces as long as they are from the commonwealth does anyone here know if the same works the for us, in as much as could I join the force's of another commonwealth country?

The reason for asking, well im no turn coat, I have alot of respect from they guy's in and out but I just cant work for that twat brown. I have been applying for the fire service now for the best part of 4 years and the constant knock back's for not be ethnic enough is just getting on my tits now.

I have been speaking to a friend over the pond who is in the CDF and she thinks I would have no problem getting in. So if anyone has any info I'd be grateful if you could let me know.

Jim

2. The specific country`s website will have eligibilty requirements, but I suspect that most if not all will require a visa if not permanent residency for a specific amount of time before enlistment.
    From the CDF website:

3. you have to have permanent residency here in Oz first. You can transfer straight from the UK forces, but there are rank and trade criteria you must fulfill.

Options are to come here as a skilled migrant then join up.

4. Erm........

What's wrong with the British Army?

Too many nig nogs in it for you these days?

5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Yep, and obviously they are too good for him, he can't stand the competition :)

Anyway, why would another Country want you in the first place, being as you dislike furriners so intensely. A quiet word of warning - abroad is FULL of them...............

6. Your spelling is terrible, are you continually failing minimum standard spelling tests or sumfink?

7. Absolutely, it's a wretched place, full of chaps called Patrice and Giovanni who've never heard of soap and speak some sort of incomprehensible gibberish. I went there once, didn't like it.

8. You need more line on that sinker. :p

Theres nothing wrong with the British army other than the fact the job of fire fighter is non existent. Like I said I'm no turn coat and I have respect for the guys that are or have been in.

Cheers to those gave a bit of valid imput.

9. Really, never heard of Op Fresco?

10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Fair play to the bloke - he said he couldn't work for a porridge wog called Broon, not them johnny foreigner types.

Does that qualify as racist, or do we have to wait until they get full independence before we get arrested for race hate crimes?

11. Don't think for one minute I agree with that crap. I have had that argument with ex forces mates who are in the fire service and I cant see the justification for 30k for what turns out to be about 86 days of work a year. 8O

12. I hope they'd at least insist you spelled 'foreigner' correctly.

'Sort of like iron'...

13. Ahh...but an Englishman abroad is never called a foreigner....just 'Sahib'!

14. Surely in the fire service you are still working for your best friend brown? Have you tried going over to the RAF? they have fire fighters, but then, the same problem still exists.

15. Not been listening (reading) enough, have you?

You'll find that most armies turn their noses up at uninformed, illiterate and illogical bigots. Sorry.