John Smeaton - the new William Wallace

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by TheIronDuke, Jul 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Dunno if the Lamp is the right place for this, but I found it funny.

Glasgow airport have a go hero John Smeaton. Some walt has put up a cringe worthy website ( the idea that we all buy the boy a beer is fine, but he's the new William Wallace? Spare me) and the comments down the bottom are worth a look.

From the English having a pop and the Scots having one back, to some demented bint who thinks John is racist.

http://johnsmeaton.com/?page_id=5

2. Well I think he's a living saint and if he's not elected First Minister unopposed next time round the Scots don't know wants good for them.

3. Better still, offfer him the post of either Home Secretary or Attorney General, as he seems to have a way with lawbreakers that is refreshing, robust and direct.

4. The man's a bloody baggage handler - has everyone forgotten who the common enemy is?

OK, I've bought the bugger a pint, but let's have some perspective, eh?

5. Oh I don't know, think of Howard for example, nobody could do a worse job as Home Sec

6. He might be a baggage handler, but he stands by a lot more principles than all the pricks in Westminster put together.

Have one one for me Mr Smeaton!!