John McCain Dead

Funnily enough, the people I've seen most on social media pushing the Forrestal stories (all of them utterly convinced he started the fire by dicking round to produce a long 'tail' of flame from his exhaust to scare the pilot behind him and that the USN lied to cover it up) were Trump supporters who are probably as far away from Commie as you can get.

All of them absolutely and totally wedded to the 'facts' that McCain started the Forrestal fire, that he informed on other prisoners while a POW and that the USN lied to cover it all up.

All of them absolutely, totally and utterly f*cking mental.
I'm sure that I've got some of the dates wrong but this is roughly where the detractors have come from over the years:

In the 80s/90s those trashing McCain were the freak wing of the Democrats, the standard hating any Vietnam vet as a babykiller. At the turn of the millennium back in the days where he was running up against GW Bush for nomination, the dung was flung by the Bush campaign and their wackier (and more deniable) cohorts. In 08 when running against Obama, once again the Democrats came out with the same lies / rumours, and then when McCain started criticizing the Donald, funnily enough all the right wing fruit loops started up again. Note, I'm not talking about those criticizing his politics, I'm referring to the personal attacks and slurs which seem to make up such a large part of political campaigning in the USA.

They say you can judge a man by the nature of his enemies. By that measure, McCain comes out rather well IMHO.
To paraphrase Forrest Gump: "Mental is as mental does".

He was a warmoger who blocked medicare for millions of Americans. He also blocked ending the war in Yeman.

I refer you to my last post.

“Mental is as mental does” sums your viewpoint up nicely.

"De mortuis nihil nisi bonum ".
That's only for honourable people to do as is shown by the cowardly attacks on the man by the stupid and ignorant wasters here.

Why is it then that Admiral James Stockdale, Medal of Honor, Brigadier General Bud Day, Medal of Honor, Admiral Jeremiah Denton, Navy Cross never had a bad word to say about McCain? I mean they actually were held WITH McCain

Isn't that Odd? after all they are also Vietnam veterans and apparently didn't hate McCain...
Most of the smears about McCain date to the national league of families of POW/MIA's rage over McCain. thats when people never held as a POW with him suddenly claim he was a traitor

Why is it then that Admiral James Stockdale, Medal of Honor, Brigadier General Bud Day, Medal of Honor, Admiral Jeremiah Denton, Navy Cross never had a bad word to say about McCain? I mean they actually were held WITH McCain

Isn't that Odd? after all they are also Vietnam veterans and apparently didn't hate McCain...
Most of the smears about McCain date to the national league of families of POW/MIA's rage over McCain. thats when people never held as a POW with him suddenly claim he was a traitor
I don't know why it is so hard to just let things go. The man has passed away, it is time to move on and not worry about his ordeal as a POW. Nobody here would do any better against that kind of long term torture and interrogation. He had the chance to go home but refused, and that is sack enough.

Was Kenny Everett a war monger for addessing a Conservative party conference and saying 'Let's bomb Russia'? Why make a big thing out of a (bad taste) joke?

Hail the hero, songbird John McCain.

Bile filled lies, half truths and detraction; if that’s what you want to believe because it fits your sad little agenda crack on, but it won’t change the fact that McCain was a better, braver man than you could ever hope to be.

Hail the hero, songbird John McCain.

Yes nobody ever says anything more than name, rank, number, and date of birth? Oh I forget, they can make anyone talk. Perhaps the Gulf War POWs who were paraded on TV by Saddam should have been punished?

Here is a paper written by John S McCain, Cdr USN at the Naval War College in 1974:

The Code Of Conduct And The Vietnam Prisoners Of War

What I particularly dislike about John Mc Cain is his affair with Jane Fonda , particularly as she even manned the 37mm gun that shot him down .
Now THAT'S a bad case of Stockholm syndrome if there ever was one .

This might interest some readers:

Episode 202: Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton

Are there lessons one can learn from the most exceptional edges of the military experience that can be useful to the civilian world?

Was there something from the experience of American prisoners of war imprisoned at the "Hanoi Hilton" during the Vietnam War that had to do with their success in their subsequent careers?

Our guests to discuss for the full hour will be Peter Fretwell and Taylor Baldwin Kiland, authors of Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton: Six Characteristics of High-Performance Teams.

Yes nobody ever says anything more than name, rank, number, and date of birth? Oh I forget, they can make anyone talk. Perhaps the Gulf War POWs who were paraded on TV by Saddam should have been punished?

Here is a paper written by John S McCain, Cdr USN at the Naval War College in 1974:

The Code Of Conduct And The Vietnam Prisoners Of War
You are correct, and I am sure that everyone would break given time, but the difference here is that McCain was happy to go along and make a meal of the hero tag.

You are correct, and I am sure that everyone would break given time, but the difference here is that McCain was happy to go along and make a meal of the hero tag.
Did he though? Did he ever describe himself as a 'hero' or just someone who tried to deal with difficult circumstances as best he could? If his Skyhawk had not been splashed (are attempts to blame it on him fair - given that unaimed AAA account for most of the US aircraft lost in Vietnam?) and he had returned from Vietnam, left the Navy as a Captain, and entered politics, would people criticise him for not doing enough?

Please link the proof to backup your statement.
His Silver Star and Distinguished Flying Cross would seem to point in the direction that he was reasonably brave as much as we take the mick out of the Americans for awarding medals with the rations they are very tight when it comes to awarding gallantry medals just look at how long it takes for some Medals of Honour to be awarded

Please link the proof to backup your statement.
This is the internet; as you've already shown in your posts on this thread actual proof is not necessary for the wildest of claims. However, the late Senator McCain's service record and achievements are well known, whereas yours are not. It's my experience that those who've achieved nothing are the loudest detractors of those who have done well (either in the misguided belief that if you drag someone down it will make you taller, or just small-minded nastiness).

Which makes you lower than a snake's bum in a fire trench.