John Kerry

Discussion in 'US' started by crabtastic, Nov 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'll just light the blue-touch paper and retire a safe distance:

Rumo(u)r Control is starting to buzz with the word that Senator John Kerry is in the frame to replace Leon Panetta as Secretary of Defense. Earlier reports had him going to be Secretary of State, but apparently, that job may be going instead to UN Ambassador, Susan Rice.

In your own time, carry on.
  2. John Kerry is a total walt.
  3. IF he were nominated and seated, he would be the least respected SecDef since Louis Johnson.
  4. Does anybody know how come he still has his gongs after he threw them over the Whitehouse fence? Were they marked "return to sender" or did he change his mind and get copies?
  5. Nobody - and I mean nobody - in uniform likes that cock gobbling shitbag.

John Kerry could get raped by a jagged edged metal dildo and most people would offer a standing ovation.
  6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

can they try colin powell again, nice honest bloke that obama voting republican, welsh family I believe.
  7. There several different versions of the story.

Did Kerry Discard Vietnam Medals? - ABC News
    In 1971 interview for "viewpoints" he never said the medals weren't his.

In 1984 running for Senate he admitted to the Boston Globe he still had his medals.

Then in 1988 Kerry said he threw away his Purple hearts only.

In 1996 he again said the medals weren't his because he didnt have time to go home and pick them up.

In the 2004 campaign he denied those were his medals
  8. Move down iside the bus purlease, plenty of room inside! Ding ding.
    Perhaps one of our resident 'Cousins' could answer this. Will there be Congressional vetting as per Supreme Court Judges? Or as it's The Presidents Cabinet will it just go staright ahead?
  9. The Secretary of Defense is appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, and is by custom a member of the Cabinet and by law a member of the National Security Council.
    50 USC § 402 - National Security Council | LII / Legal Information Institute
  10. My recollection is he only threw his ribbons not his medals. Even if he had, one can still get replacements from DoD or the local army surplus store.

For those of our cousins unfamiliar with the cause of some of the vitriol already expressed on this thread and elsewhere about the "honorable" Senator Kerry, here is a reminder:

11. In essence John Kerry is a lying sack of shit - and he is a Dumb-o-crat. He will be forever remembered for instigating the "Winter Soldier" street theatre which blackened the name of other Vietnam vets by using people who had never been in the military and/or in Vietnam to allege that they had performed atrocities against the Vietnamese people. He is worse than dog shit on my shoe.

What my friend Delta 6 said about Kerry in 2004 remains true today:

What Kerry is ashamed/guilty about, is that in the heat of battle, he killed a wounded and unarmed enemy in violation of the Geneva Convention. So technically he has committed an atrocity. He is also ashamed of the little baby his swift boat crew killed when it lit up a sampan with civilians on board.
    Since his conscience could not deal with this and take personal responsibility, he decided that it was not his fault. Instead it was the Govt.’s fault. The Govt. somehow made him and every other serviceman in SE Asia commit atrocities. The whole bogus Winter Soldier circus was set up to ease his conscience and get him noticed in DC. It's all about him. It always has been and it always will be.
    Kerry is a Zero.
    Delta 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. With His penchant for appointing extra-Constitutional "tsars," He may just decide to avoid the restrictions of the Constitution as done many times in His first term and just appoint an unaccountable tsar to run the military.
  13. I thought he was Oirish.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ah yes, the old flip flop technique--taken to a fine art by Him and His administration in the wake of the Benghazi fiasco.
  15. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

no thats O'bama the powells are a welsh clan, similar to scots ones but they don't torture cats. nice to keep it celtic though.