John G - Warrior, Google Fu black belt and Thai tour guide

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mr_Pink, Nov 22, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. John.jpg John, I've made something else for you.

What with all the back and forth about your many exploits, I've spent a bit of time going through previous posts, and come up with a draft career timeline. It's not perfect, I'll admit, and I'd welcome comment, but it's a start. Running along the bottom is a 'Truth-o-meter' (patent pending), where I've attempted to measure, on a scale of 0-100, the veracity of that chapter's dits, with 0 = utterly verifiable, to 100 = Grenfell-intensity twelve-engine blaze in your pants.

Anyway, let me know what you think; it's a labour of love, so be gentle, but very happy to redraft if there's anything I've missed.

John.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2017
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 61
    • Funny Funny x 26
    • Like Like x 16
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

I’ve created this thread so we can salute John G for his glorious years of service and for @Mr_Pink who has gone beyond the call of duty

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 42
    • Funny Funny x 7
  3. Is a mighty tome forthcoming with a foreword by Andy McStacker that well ard RLC snco

• Like Like x 1
  4. SPostOTY - Mr Pink
    SP
    enisOTY - John G.

• Like Like x 4
  5. That timeline is a truly beautiful thing.

It will only be surpassed by a Thai resident posting a photograph of John G being made airtight by his live-in house butler's.

• Funny Funny x 22
    • Like Like x 4
  6. John who?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Perhaps a rank timeline, to show how you go from “commissioning to Colonel” and yet still manage to retire as a Major at the 16 year point? There is a lesson there for today’s thrusting young officers.

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Brilliant! Tappet, Mr Pink I love you both...............in a brotherly MTP way, not a moved to Asia bit dodgy way...........

GLEAMING, Have an MBE.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. This thread is wonderful

• Like Like x 1
  10. @John G he's the brother of Stonker.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. John certainly seems to have frequently moved from Battalion to exotic postings.
    An ‘abrasive’ personality in the Mess, even then perhaps?

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

I think our hero is about to wear out Ctrl + B on his computer as he struggles to get sufficient emphasis into his ripostes.

And for the benefit of @The_Duke, may I suggest you dust off and polish up your 'Types of Flounce' thread. It may be about to get an new entry.

Wordsmith :smile:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I have a feeling that others may soon be frantically deleting some of their own historic posts.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I doubt we will see a flounce.

An emboldened, multi colour, multi font sized, multi quote attempt at a rebuttal perhaps, but no flounce. Everyone else is wrong, you see?

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Any one who can misremember a one legged pilots years of service has Alzheimer's.