John Bercow

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm sure the attention-loving Sally will be well dischuffed about not becoming 'Lady Bercow'.

The word 'schadenfreude' springs to mind.

Or as the Thais might just say "555" (har being the Thai word for 5)

I can think of no better justification of the peerage system than for entry to it to remain forever denied to that ghastly little oik Bercow.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I can think of no better justification of the peerage system than for entry to it to remain forever denied to that ghastly little oik Bercow.
It is good to see but the little cnut will play the victim card from now on. He will be remembered more than honourable Speakers for the very fact he did not get his peerage.

The eternal uselessness for Peerages seems to extend to Ed Vaizey, if the news reports are correct. Vaisey, my Ex-MP, the idle pointless Junior Minister and anti-Brexiteer who lost the whip and then stood down for the 2019 GE.

Apart from being a TV politics pundit, being mates with Call me Dave and breaking the spirit of the rule of the Parliamentary expenses by having an expensive antique chair delivered to his London home instead of his second/tax-payer funded home in his constituency, he's done nothing of any note.

Nothing succeeds like failure as they say

Fabius Maximus

Old-Salt
Apologies for using the C word in CA, post amended accordingly.

I just hope he never receives a peerage.

A complete and utter bell end if there was ever one.
[/QUOTE]

Absolute chopper indeed. I’d hope this episode would help him realise that he’s a divisive turd, but based on his previous form I guess he never will.

NSP

LE
The eternal uselessness for Peerages seems to extend to Ed Vaizey, if the news reports are correct. Vaisey, my Ex-MP, the idle pointless Junior Minister and anti-Brexiteer who lost the whip and then stood down for the 2019 GE.

Apart from being a TV politics pundit, being mates with Call me Dave and breaking the spirit of the rule of the Parliamentary expenses by having an expensive antique chair delivered to his London home instead of his second/tax-payer funded home in his constituency, he's done nothing of any note.

Nothing succeeds like failure as they say
Since Blair's meddling it's become a means of keeping people rejected/never selected by the electorate in a position to keep foisting crap and unwanted laws on them without having to worry about being accountable to the electorate. See Prescott, Warsi, et al.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Since Blair's meddling it's become a means of keeping people rejected/never selected by the electorate in a position to keep foisting crap and unwanted laws on them without having to worry about being accountable to the electorate. See Prescott, Warsi, et al.
Far be it from me to prevent you from flinging dung at Anthony Charles Lynton Blair, but it was my understanding that was always the case for the Honours system, although he certainly upped the ante.

NSP

LE
Far be it from me to prevent you from flinging dung at Anthony Charles Lynton Blair, but it was my understanding that was always the case for the Honours system, although he certainly upped the ante.
It could just be nostalgia but when the hereditaries were in it seemed that there was a distinct lack of rampant cronyism and they acted as a more even-handed and balancing influence, even the ones with party affiliation.

Whilst I do not agree with his manipulation of parliament, I must say the anyone who can upset such a bunch of self serving, lying, morally corrupt, low life scum bags who label themselves as our representatives is OK in my book.

Wouldn't go for a drink with him though.

Whilst I do not agree with his manipulation of parliament, I must say the anyone who can upset such a bunch of self serving, lying, morally corrupt, low life scum bags who label themselves as our representatives is OK in my book.

It was nothing to do with him upsetting other MP's. It was his desire to thwart the British electorate and ride roughshod of Parliamentary tradition and convention that did for him.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
It was nothing to do with him upsetting other MP's. It was his desire to thwart the British electorate and ride roughshod of Parliamentary tradition and convention that did for him.
And being an odious little bully.

Yes, parliament is toppers with cúnts, but Bercow was only after upsetting those cúnts who were interested in upholding the peoples' democratic will. He happily bent over for those who wished to cancel the very thing the people voted for.

Lack of impartiality and disdain for democracy aside, he is also a thoroughly unlikable individual too. The horrible little shít.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yes, parliament is toppers with cúnts, but Bercow was only after upsetting those cúnts who were interested in upholding the peoples' democratic will. He happily bent over for those who wished to cancel the very thing the people voted for.

Lack of impartiality and disdain for democracy aside, he is also a thoroughly unlikable individual too. The horrible little shít.
Yet there are very many who don't hold him in such high regard.

Latest Threads