Joey Barton

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by willdawe, Jan 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now it seems that Joey 'bit of a prat' Barton has been remanded in custody for a little while longer. But what puzzles me is what goes on in this blokes head? His brother is sent down for murder, his family have a bit of a rep for violence and he is a talented footie player. So instead of proving that he can be the 'adult' out of them he decides to get in trouble himself (again) for assualt.

Is he mental or something??????
  2. I concur - what waste of rations to The PFA, yes talented, but I am sorry 30000k a week to be tosser, he is the jade goody of football world!!! and we all know that she is thicker than a whales foreskin. The only good going for him is that he can play football, the only good thing that jade goody is good at is breathing, but both they are in my eyes are O2 thieves!
  3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

They'd make a lovely couple, though, wouldn't they?

4. oh yes - in the fecking gas chamber, with nerve agent!!!!!!
  5. Although I have no love for football or the over paid puffs that play it. Why was he remanded and the others bailed. Did they think he would do a runner?
  6. The Judge probably supports Sunderland.
  7. Grownup_Rafbrat

I think because he's already involved in another case of violence, related to a training ground incident when he played for Man City.
  8. Didnt he have two, one for hitting a team mate out cold...and another when he stubbed out a cigar in a 17 year old youth players eye.
  9. What in Liverpool and they lived passed their teens.
  10. ermm...good point.
  11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Not sure the cigar led to a court case, but you may be right. Either way I'm sure his family is very pleased that they can visit him and his brother at the same time!
  12. Bloke is a cock deserves everything he gets.
  13. Not knowing about him I have looked him up and from his Wiki entry you get

So that answers my original question. With 3 charges on hold now will they let him out on the 18th or will I continue to fund his maintenance. There should be some way that the gov could claw back the money.

Busy lad I bet NC are wondering if the £12m was money well spent.

edited because i was am uneducated soldier and it was the only work i could get.
  14. Grownup_Rafbrat

He's certainly had more 'chances' than a lot of people, and still thrown them away.

I thought Allardyce might have got him the right help and environment to sort himself out; he certainly did for El Hadji Diouf. Maybe some problems are intractable..