Joe Calzaghe Retires

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by saintstone, Feb 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fair play to the big man. Great record.
  2. the rumor in the pub is that no one would fight him in the Millenium Stadeum so he jacked at the top nice one Joe
  3. Top man all round. Great career and deserves to be remembered with the best.
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I am glad he has enough sense to listen to those around him and go whilst he still has a mind and his health.

Good on the man. Although there is chat in the media about him being "one of the best" British boxers ever, I'd love to know who else they think is up there with him. IMO, head and shoulders above the rest and by all accounts, a good guy with it.

I wish him well for his retirement.
  5. That's his hanger on's screwed then.

Fair play though, despite the fact I think he's an arrogant tw4t (though with his record I can see why), there's no doubting his ability.
  6. Top man (for a Welshie), amazing record, I've enjoyed watching him (in a non Jarrod way), wonderfull in victory as in defeat. Enjoy a long retirement.
  7. Top bloke, glad he's done the sensible thing. Shouldn't ever contemplate a'comeback'.
  8. He is only retireing from boxing he's already got signed up as a sports reporter with the BBC
  9. Indeed, i hope he doesn't. Sky should sign him up, failing that, if ITV are serious about bringing boxing back to the masses, sign him.
  10. Just sit back and breathe in the plaudits Joe lad.

The right decision IMHO. Go out on top and be remembered as one of the gentlemen of the fight game.
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Nice to see, Joe has taken this option, next to Marciarno, greatest boxer ever. Cheers Joe.
  12. Kudos to him, I've had his poster on my wall for years. :p
  13. good decision, retire at the top.
  14. The best British boxer ever. Glad to see his use of common sense.