Joe Biden--the "gift" that keeps on giving

No he didn't, and not germane to this thread.
I beg to differ.

George W. Bush: The “Mission Accomplished” Fiasco | Veterans Today

Bush did offer a "Mission Accomplished" message to the troops in Afghanistan at Camp As Sayliyah on June 5, 2003 – about a month after the aircraft carrier speech: "America sent you on a mission to remove a grave threat and to liberate an oppressed people, and that mission has been accomplished."
I also believe that he stated that a few hours after the aircraft carrier antics, he gave a speech announcing the end of major combat operations in the Iraq war.....essentially a mission accomplished

Why is it not germane to this thread? It is about US politicians and I understand that Bush was a US politician.

Ah wait, I am on your ignore list because I disagreed with things you said and you could not accept the truth.

Well, while Biden is an oaf with a scattergun mouth, that's a dumb thing to say in a country with a Founder worship complex, however he may have a point there.

I have the impression Joe Public gets more aerated about their opportunities to earn or consume getting curtailed and political freedoms are a distant second. Every administration since WWII has eroded constitutional rights, there have been expansions as well but they are rarer. The Patriot Act was perhaps the most abusive of fine American ideals and sadly it was only really challenges by the feeble leftward fringe and then more in a act of anti-Dubya partisanship than principle. The same people are largely sangune about Barry's extension of the Presidents extra-judicial privileges.

Most Americans I speak to tend to only give a shit about the constitution when it supports their argument.

I am not, necessarily, tarring all yanks with the same brush here - the above statement just happens to be true.

Whilst I agree with the thrust of your post, that link is 15 minutes wasted to tin-foilery.
My apologies, that was not the link I meant to put up. The one below is the one I should have put up

2003 Mission Accomplished speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also note that he stated
The battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on September the 11, 2001

Online Speech Bank: President George W. Bush - Announces the End of Combat Operations in Iraq (5-01-03)

Yet, Iraq was not involved in terrorism, so whats he on about?

He also states
In the battle of Afghanistan, we destroyed the Taliban,

I bet those who have died since making that comment would be quite surprised.

Osama-Mission-Accomplished.jpg

My my and I though Blair was a ****.

Going back to the OP picture of Biden - considering how polarised the political landscape has become and how poisoned the political discourse is, posting a picture of 'Biden the Buffoon' with a purported quote without sourcing said quote is no longer good enough or credible. There are too many monied interests at play on both sides of the aisle subverting the US political process as a whole, which weakens the nation and emboldens America's enemies.

The only politicians I have listened to in the last 10 years who have taken the US Constitution seriously have been a Yank and a Brit, Ron Paul and Dan Hannan.

Having engaged in discussion with various septics over the years and observed them arguing among themselves, I have come to the conclusion that the actions of any US politician that any american is riled up about are always described as "unconstitutional".

It always confirms my belief that the UK's "unwritten" constitution does us perfectly nicely thank you very much.

Having engaged in discussion with various septics over the years and observed them arguing among themselves, I have come to the conclusion that the actions of any US politician that any american is riled up about are always described as "unconstitutional".

It always confirms my belief that the UK's "unwritten" constitution does us perfectly nicely thank you very much.
I look forward to specific examples. In the meantime, I think that while some of what you say may occur (usually by those who have little clue about the Constitution), I can say categorically that almost without exception every presidential administration since Teddy Roosevelt's has acted at various times and in various ways ultra vires of either or both its letter and spirit (in terms of principles and values imbued in the Constitution).

The trajectory of this executive branch effrontery shown to our controlling legal document is however markedly more pronounced over the last 23 years with ever-increasing frequency and severity as reflected in such things as the "PATRIOT Act" and the proliferating use of unilateral executive orders that usurp the clear province of the legislative branch.

Indeed our current Master is on record numerous times in speaking of the Constitution (when it serves His purposes--when otherwise He callously wraps himself in the Constitution) as being "inconvenient" to His radical progressivist policies and plans.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I beg to differ.

George W. Bush: The “Mission Accomplished” Fiasco | Veterans Today

I also believe that he stated that a few hours after the aircraft carrier antics, he gave a speech announcing the end of major combat operations in the Iraq war.....essentially a mission accomplished

Why is it not germane to this thread? It is about US politicians and I understand that Bush was a US politician.

Ah wait, I am on your ignore list because I disagreed with things you said and you could not accept the truth.
Well you are not on my ignore list ( I may have masochistic tendencies) but just to clarify my OP, it was not so much about politicians in general, for whom I generally have little but disdain (yes including GWB** who proved to be a progressivist in Republican clothing), but was mainly focused on what this sock-puppet said about the Constitution that in turn provides a glimpse into the inner sanctum of this administration's disdainful view of the Constitution, led by His Beneficence Himself, that would if it could I am convinced do away with it entirely. Of course, that still may happen if our Masters are allowed to continue on their present trajectory.

**The only exception to my feelings about GWB have to do with his genuine concern for the troops that stands in stark contrast to the obvious lack of respect for them shown at every turn by His Grace.

[video=youtube;AzNzn7UlaXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzNzn7UlaXY[/video]

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Well you are not on my ignore list ( I may have masochistic tendencies) but just to clarify my OP, it was not so much about politicians in general, for whom I generally have little but disdain (yes including GWB** who proved to be a progressivist in Republican clothing), but was mainly focused on what this sock-puppet said about the Constitution that in turn provides a glimpse into the inner sanctum of this administration's disdainful view of the Constitution, led by His Beneficence Himself, that would if it could I am convinced do away with it entirely. Of course, that still may happen if our Masters are allowed to continue on their present trajectory.

**The only exception to my feelings about GWB have to do with his genuine concern for the troops that stands in stark contrast to the obvious lack of respect for them shown at every turn by His Grace.

Why is GWB hugging Heinrich Himmler?

I look forward to specific examples. In the meantime, I think that while some of what you say may occur (usually by those who have little clue about the Constitution), I can say categorically that almost without exception every presidential administration since Teddy Roosevelt's has acted at various times and in various ways ultra vires of either or both its letter and spirit (in terms of principles and values imbued in the Constitution).

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Not going to give you any examples!
Don't have to - it's just what I think. (Oh go look in the mirror...)
As I said engaged with several septics always the same....
If the guy you didn't vote for does something you don't like it's "unconstitutional"
what other sites are you on ? maybe it's just you on all of them....

My apologies for being involved in derailing the thread.

Not going to give you any examples!
Don't have to - it's just what I think. (Oh go look in the mirror...)
As I said engaged with several septics always the same....
If the guy you didn't vote for does something you don't like it's "unconstitutional"
what other sites are you on ? maybe it's just you on all of them....
With over 12000 posts here do you really think I have time for any other forums? I find your generalizations as breathtaking as those of certain other ARRSERs who are never wont to say how they "feel" but I do not regard them as "opinions" that in my lexicon means a viewpoint held after having done a legitimate amount of research of both sides of the issue to which the opinion is directed. This is a distinction I always warn my students about at the beginning of each term.