Jocks to have pint glasses banned.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, May 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To be fair, it's Highland pubs that serve Whisky in pint jars, so I can understand the reluctance to switch to plastic.

2. I think it's probably because pint glasses just aren't big enough.

3. It's because some of the stuff they drink reacts explosively with glass.

4. HTH.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nightclubs in the Highlands?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plockton village hall. It doubles-up as the WI during the week, but on a Friday it goes a bit Ibiza.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Had some cracking nights in Inverness. Wouldn't recommend Aberdeen though.

8. ... and more ... Athol Brose ... once it exceeds critical mass ... instant sunshine and glass everywhere .

9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I once spend a memorable night in a 'nightclub' in Aviemore (Crofters or some such from memory) and the dress code appeared to be overalls, wellies and an overpowering smell of manure.

• Like Like x 1

10. I think we both missed it.

11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

makes me laugh when they don't give you glasses because they are dangerous yet will give you a bottle.

12. Spent a few happy nights in "The Jungle" in Ballater. Not so much a night club, more a place that dispensed alcohol and had a piano.

Happy days.

13. Just a stepping stone to the total erasure of imperial measures in the brave new republic of WeeEckyLand.

When plastic tumblers become the norm and pint glasses are but a distant memory, the McGovernment. will have a great idea to improve the lives of the drinking classes (voters) - 0.4l beer glasses.

14. Are you sure that you weren't in Fife?