Jobsworth *********

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Dec 13, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. agreed , there are more important things in life without moaning about petty things :evil:

i say kill all jobsworth , victor meldrews and hyceinth buckets
  3. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

....but by giving the local newspaper something to write about the school gets the publicity it's looking for anyway, and the professional show comes off looking worse. Some of these kids are disabled for god's sake! Hardly a threat to the touring performance.

Own goal perhaps?
  4. damn right
  5. Yup. And exactly the same thing happened darn sarf when a local org tried to advertise its Carol Service in a local library. Said Library had distinguished itself by banning all adverts directly related to religious events. So this outstanding idea wasn't going to attract any attention was it? Made the nationals and the Carolers have some pretty good nationwide coverage!
  6. Same Library hosted a party the previous week to celebrate the end of Ramadan.This country is certainly being run by a bunch of cnuts! :roll:
  7. msr

msr LE

8. This one was on the news this morning - couldnt believe my ears!!

He's actually sueing someone who put about 25 kilo's of mail into a mail box. If this goes through, and he gets compo then the world really has gone mad. I mean, no one asked him to lift it all in one go, and who's to say that one of this blokes letters was the straw that broke the camels back?

Crap like this is getting out of hand.
  9. To be fair ..this schools Show producer should have applied for the performance rights before going into rehearsal.
    They then would have known from the outset that rights would not be granted while the show was in the West End or Touring...
    I'm not sure that normally they would allow performances to go ahead just on the condition of 'no publicity' and I suspect they have allowed it on compassionate grounds for the Childrens sake.
    I suspect it's the schools' incompetence not Samuel French :roll:

....whilst on this theme though.....

British Red Cross have not had any image or mention of Christianity or the Nativity on their Christmas cards this as not to offend moslems or other religious groups.
    Sales were down this year as people boycotted buying them because of their hypocritical stance.
    British Red Cross didn't scrap selling Christmas cards altogether but were happy to sell their 'inoffensive' cards and make money out of the Christian Festival.
    This has actually offended many Christian people... but one gets the clear impression that that doesn't matter anymore :evil:
  10. Saw Anne Widdacombe on Sky the other night. She has boycotted the British Red Cross. She used to be a patron. I think she should try to get back good old Maggies position and shake this country up. Britain country is going down the pan quickly. Political Correctness has not just gone mad. It is downright perverse. It could only be described as the Peadofilia of politics.

This can still be a land of hope and glory. Lets not even try to have a referendum on ID cards. Just do it. Assylum seakers. No passport no entry. If they have passed through France or any other EU state, then send them back. Ban Sheep and lamb sales to France. Bomb Calais and all sailing can be done out of Belgium or Holland. On the other hand, cancel the bombing of Calais and Nuke Paris instead. Other nationals who enter this country and insight racist views or support terrorist action on our allies or on our countrymen, then they should be deported and left to rot in the SH*T HOLE they came from.

I have nothing against other nationals who enter the country and abide by our laws and traditions. They can be millionaires as far as I am concerned as long as they are good law abiding, tax paying citizens. But what I hate is paying tax to support the dross of society, whilst getting no sure fire backing from my government.
  11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The Red Cross have lost many supporters over this. I know someone senior at their HQ, who tells me that the only decoration in the canteen says 'Happy Holidays' - how very septic. Apparently rather than the work they are doing, the only interest the media is showing in the Red Cross is in the antics of their Chief Executive, Sir Nicholas 'call me Nick' Young. He is the one responsible for this charade, for the second year running - if he scores any more spectacular own goals Bliar will have to give him a job in Cabinet.
  12. There can be no doubting the good work done by the Red Cross, however this policy stinks. I for one will be donating to other charities before them this year :( .
  13. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

My nomination for the 3003 Jobsworth ********* of the year would be the UK MAMS detachment - a group of RAF movers so **** that even movers despise them.
  14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Harsh Chimera, harsh....

15. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

But fair...