JOBS!

seasider53 said:
I have just posted a couple of positions on NATS (Air Traffic Services) as Aircraft Position Operators. Basically 'pretending to be apilot' on the radio at the back of a simulator whilst contrllers are trained on the other side. Oh and the,posts are in Manchester.

NATS is a great employer, in th Times top 20 list. Start on approx £20k, and if you have your wits about you should make £50k in 5 years.

If anyone has any questions then please ask. :?
Sounds quite interesting. I've had a look at the job description but it doesn't mention much about qualifications needed etc. Does this mean there are none required? I only ask because I'm loathe to waste anyone's time if it is avoidable, and after 10+ years in the infantry my CV is a little bare in that respect.

I have vacancies for a small number of Microsoft and/or Cisco skilled people with the correct mind set (in addition to skill set).

Any experienced MCSA+Messaging gurus are especially welcome, although I am looking for experience not merely a paper MCSA from resettlement.

The roles are permanent, working for a well known UK defence contractor, and are currently based out of Hampshire but relocating to North Gloucestershire in the near future.

Without divulging too many details at this stage, the nature of the work is to provide a supporting CIS infrastructure to Mission Rehearsal Exercises (MRXs) at least four times a year, both in the UK (SPTA) and Germany.

The ideal candidate to work on this team will have a strong understanding of current operational commitments and a strong personal belief that those being deployed to theatre should be fully supported.

These vacancies are shortly to be posted on the general job market. They will probably state that "military experience is preferred". The reason for me posting this on this forum is to try and ensure that I get the right person for the job, not some spotty university type that looks good on paper!

Please PM me for more information.

Anyone in bomb disposal or ammo techs I can help with jobs.

Also looking for safety critical software people and people who have done research and development, specifically in weapons and detection.

Got a military opperations analysis job for anyone with a mathematical or stats degree and an iterest in strategic warfare

Recruitment
As a rapidly expanding company, Targe Chauffeurs are constantly on the lookout for highly qualified individuals to join our team.
Points to note, while we welcome all enquiries, there are several prerequisites for joining Targe Chauffeurs:
1. You must have served in the UK armed forces or be a former police officer
2. You must be a EU citizen and be entitled to work in the UK
3. You must be fit and active, hold a clean driving licence and be able to produce two good quality references
4. You must hold a current SIA licence (if applicable to your application)
5. You must have an Advanced Driving Qualification, ROPSA, IAM or equivalent
All applicants to Targe Chauffeurs will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check (CRB) and any additional background checks that the Company believes reasonable or necessary.
Targe Chauffeurs is currently recruiting for full time, part time and temporary posts in the following categories. Posts are based in a number of locations in Scotland, so please enquire about the opportunities we have available:
Advanced drivers
Close Protection Operatives
Please e-mail recruitment@targe-chauffeurs.com with your Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter.

Administrative Officer Required

9 month contract (initially), start May 2008. Overseas role

Role Purpose
To provide support and assistance to the liaison officer so he may optimise the effectiveness of his project liaison through the provision of necessary and timely administrative support. To support the Senior contractor and contractor team to achieve effective project delivery by undertaking requisite planning and administrative tasks. To plan, maintain and facilitate logistical procedures for operational and non-operational activities. To manage the movements of deployed personnel into, out of and within theatre. To enable the successful delivery of all in-country operational activities, including training programmes and all support functions to optimise operational effectiveness.

Primary Functions
To devise and maintain robust systems and procedures to control and direct all administrative, logistical, financial and operational support activity in-country. To ensure all procedural and administrative activity is fully documented for audit purposes and review by others.

To oversee logistical and distribution operations for all goods and equipment, including weapons and ammunition, IT equipment, communications equipment, clothing, fixtures and fittings. To supervise and protect Government-Funded Equipment (GFE), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and high value items. To audit, verify and enhance stores procedures and the QM function.

To act as the PoC for all newly-deployed personnel and visitors transiting into-country and leavers transiting out. To manage leave cycles, associated personnel movements and other scheduled or-non scheduled personnel movements as required. To develop and maintain relationships with transport enablers in-country. To maintain an oversight of deployed personnel welfare and ensure appropriate welfare arrangements are available.

To support the planning, co-ordination and implementation of infrastructural improvements at each location and to assist with and facilitate the delivery of these improvements in a timely and cost-effective manner.

To maintain an oversight of the communications network, comms work in progress and local requirements and ensure these requirements are addressed.

To securely hold, maintain distribution of and reconcile all cash funds, expenditures and records / receipts according to agreed procedure and regularly communicate this information to the project accountant.

This role would ideally suit an experienced G4 Bloke, either Direct or Late entry Commission or a suitable SNCO. Remuneration is good, deployment cycle is 3 on 1 off. All expenses and equipment requirements covered. Needs to be available soon.

If you are interested, or know of someone who may be, please PM me

Pepsi Co appear to like ex - service personnel. Anything from engineers to people (and everything else) managers. With a company that size there are opportunities in many different locs in UK with good benefits etc. Check out their website for more info if you fancy the manufacturing industry with a huge name.

A Company in kent is looking for NVQ Assessors for the East of England
Herts, Beds, Cambs, Essex, Suff, Norf, just to refresh your Geography.

A1 Assessors in
Storage and Warehousing - CQMS / SQMS or Stacker trades
Driving Goods Vehicles - DALI an advantage

Any Construction Plant CPCS a Must

A1 is not mandatory as the right candidates will be given training

26K - 28.5K depending on exp

PM me and I will send you the cadgies mobile number

A Company in kent is looking for NVQ Assessors for the East of England
Herts, Beds, Cambs, Essex, Suff, Norf, just to refresh your Geography.

A1 Assessors in
Storage and Warehousing - CQMS / SQMS or Stacker trades
or
Driving Goods Vehicles - DALI an advantage
or
Any Construction Plant CPCS a Must

A1 is not mandatory as the right candidates will be given training

26K - 28.5K depending on exp

PM me and I will send you the cadgies mobile number

BAE Systems require (urgently) people with Project Engrs, Mech,Elec,Constr,H&S. My team is three under , so any ex CoW (M) or (C) get in touch.

Our unit is over three sites nr Preston, but if you are interested in other areas let me know and I will check the internal jobs register. I know there are some jobs coming up in BAE Surface Vessels- Pompey area, probably more suited to the Navy Lads/Lasses but any of you Port and Maritime wannabes might be in with ashout:)

Incidentally it is costing inthe region of 10K to get some people through Security Clearance , bear that in mind if you are loking elsewhere, especially if you look at Carillion, HBG etc

Dear Sir / Madam
I’ve just been employed in Abu Dhabi (UAE) as a Counter Terrorist Search Instructor for the Abu Dhabi Police. You will see from my CV that I have considerable operational experience, having served in both Iraq and Afghanistan among other sensitive countries, as well as a good level of technical expertise in EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal). I am now seeking to transfer my existing skills and experience the security industry, and I am confident that they could be put to good use by your company. I’m currently in the UK and also SIA trained, I would be happy to discuss possible opportunities within your company and can be contacted at the above address or on + 44 (0)7811186493

I look forward to hearing from you,

Yours Sincerely

John Aldridge

i am a newly promoted full screw rlc driver radio operator, i am looking in to getting posted to somewhere in germany would prefer a job with an eod troop but am also willing to get posted to a reme battalion. any ideas where to put on my ppp would be greatly appreciated

Might just be what someone is looking for:

http://www.cwjobs.co.uk/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?JobId=40572667&Keywords=security

Health, Safety and Security Manager - CHESHIRE

Salary: 48000 - 55000
Company: Technology Project Services
Job type: Permanent
Date posted: 26/08/2008 17:36:55

Health, Safety and Security Manager.

LOCATION - Radway Green, Nr Crewe, Cheshire, North West
SALARY - £48000 - £55,000 + benefits

Land Systems Munitions is seeking to appoint a Health, Safety and Security Manager at its Radway Green site. This role will be reporting to the Site General Manager and will be responsible for the leadership of the function and health, safety and security activities on site. A key aspect of the role will be the leadership of a programme to systematically improve performance standards across the Radway Green site. The successful candidate will be a leader who is performance focused and a driving force in the improvement of all aspects of health, safety and security performance and culture across the site.

Key Responsibilities:

Ensuring that the Site is fully compliant with all applicable legislation
Developing and driving through the changes necessary to ensure that HSS performance meets the Companies objective of being world class
Working closely with operational line managers to ensure that they fully understand and take
ownership for their HSS responsibilities

Maintaining the sites high tier COMAH obligations, and working closely with the UK Enforcementbodies
Driving continuous HSS improvements to processes and culture across the Site
Managing contractors
Managing security of the Site
Contributing to the wider business HSS improvement programme
Implementing BS 18001
Developing and motivating a team of HSS Advisors

Additional Information:

Significant experience (over 5 years) in a senior SHE Management role within a large manufacturing environment.

Engineering or chemical degree, NEBOSH Diploma and a Chartered Member of IOSH

Chemical or explosives experience a distinct advantage

Knowledge of Process Safety Management, Process Risk Assessment techniques and COMAH compliance is a distinct advantage.

Good communication and influencing skills at all levels.

A motivated individual who is resilient and takes a pragmatic approach to SHE

Ref: CWJobs/STC45349
Email: tracey.white@tps.co.uk
Address: unspecified
Telephone: 0161 476 5766
Fax: 0161 476 5766

We are currently looking for an Operations Manager (Chatham)

This is a great opportunity to gain experience in a charity organisation in the youth sector.

You will work with the Manager to manage our personal development programme for young people, ensuring we deliver innovative life changing courses that enhance the development of personal, social and life skills.

You will be responsible for overseeing the whole development process: from recruiting young people, providing them with one-to-one support and group development activities, to supporting their exit from our programme. With a strong eye for operational details, you will have experience of staff and resources management. Winning the trust and commitment of staff and young people is essential, as is the ability to provide hands on leadership.

The post also attracts 28 days’ holiday rising up to 32 days’ holiday (in addition to bank holidays), employer pension contributions and development opportunities to support your career growth and other benefits

Closing date: 12th January 2009 at 12:00 noon.

If you want further details please PM me

Saw this might be of use to someone

Engineer Surveyors - Crane / Lifting Equipment

Heathrow, Slough, Staines, Richmond

Home based looking after a client base in a geographical region you will be responsible for visiting sites / premises to carry out inspections on cranes and lifting equipment ensuring clients comply with relevant legislation and machinery is fit for purpose.

The role is home based with flexibility to plan and work your own hours.

Salary £27-32k + fully expensed car + pension + bonus + benefits + Flexible hours + training

-Duties;
To carry out in-service surveys and inspections of various types of equipment in accordance with company Technical Standards and Health & Safety.
Ensure equipment is safe and fit for use.
Write reports.
You will be assigned work / companies to visit in your local area.

-Experience required;
Must have hands on experience in

Lift & Crane - Lifting machinery and mechanical handling plant (cranes, gantries, scissor lifts, lifting gear, lifting equipment, hydraulics, fork lift truck, lifts, escalators, etc)

Ex Forces background is often ideal - Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers (REME), RAF, Army, Navy, Marine Engineer.

Strong customer communication skills are essential, and the confidence to make professional judgements

HNC, HND or I Eng or similar qualification.

To apply send CV to tim.fawcett@rullion.co.uk or call 0161 926 1744 for an informal chat

Have just read on the R Sigs Intranet of the following opportunity -

Service Delivery Manager in the Milton Keynes area

Contract

Prince 2 Experience required
SC Clearance required

Daily Rate £450

Closing date for applications in 19th Jan 2009!!

PM me and I'll get you further details of you're interested

Got sent this but not in my area might be of use to someone.

Company: Lion Resourcing
Date posted: 17 Feb 2009 15:02

The role will be working for a well known Regional business maintaining a fleet of vehicles. There is a diverse range of vehicles, in particular some heavy industrial vehicles. You will be responsible for maintaining a planned preventative maintenance programme, maintaining an accident/crash log, assist in maintatotal joining the stock room for essential spares and above all ensure the smooth running of the various vehicles for all various departments. The varied, yet specific nature of the vehicles, means that a military, airport or construction mechanic background would be very suitable. You will also be able to demonstrate a strong experience of welding.

The job is on totaljobs.com web site and the referance number: 43232734

I am looking for an RSWO for an Inf Bn. Needs to have Bowman experience and plenty of grip. Starting soon. Will be Germany based. Continuance or FTRS available for the right person. Could run for a year or 2 years. Possibility to extend further for a Herrick tour.

Interested? Know someone who might be?

Any Arrseurs running or recruiting for companies in the Salisbury area or within 20 miles of same able to give any help or advice?
I am an MOD employee who has just relocated to the Salisbury area from Kent, & will shortly be moving to new property in that locality.
My wife is seeking employment in the Salisbury area because she is having to give up her job to relocate with me (she currently works as senior receptionist for a construction company in SE London). She has over 22 years experience working as a receptionist/administrator in the NHS & private sector, computer literate with good IT skills & proficient in operating a PBX system, & has also worked in retail. First Aid at Work trained, with good checkable references.
She is looking for similar employment in the Salisbury/Blandford area ideally. I check the Salisbury Journal classifieds, recruitment websites, DSTL/HPA & DII sites regularly but am trying to explore as many routes as possible on her behalf.
I know that other site members have had success using this forum, & any offers or advice would be welcome. Her CV can be made available on request. Please PM me for further info.

Thanks in advance,
B_D_S