Jobs in W Canada

Health and safety is a big market especially on the oil patch in N Alta and BC. Basic OHS qualis and all the usual clearances needed to immigrate and then gain some industry experience,drilling fracking etc. Then join a consulting firm and off you go. The industry is oozing money and there are fortunes still to be made.
Apparently elf' n safety is the way forward. There's more than a handful of blokes I work with looking to get out and into it.

I think Mount Royal university in Calgary run the necessary courses.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Whoops, cross posted!

Soutie, when you say 'basic OHS quals', what level is needed? Degree? Diploma? Any links?

I became a member of IIRSM through a collection of short courses taken in Africa. Took a few more in UK, sent cv to provincial HSE people, got letter saying I was qualified to be a Provincial OHS inspector and sent this with the immig applic.

Havent been asked to show proof of qualis since I did my original Qualified Person assessment for confined space h/a's, with a provincial hygiene officer in mid 90's. J

Once your here, and if you're new to OHS/consulting, gaining the CHSC designation would be v useful, 4'ish modules, distance (could maybe get into the reading/online stuff from UK, don't know..)and some classes, exam prep, etc. Joining the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering helps too, no pre-qualis needed for basic membership.