Jobs in the TA

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by CraiGDaniel, Aug 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been to AFCO and have my application, just not sure what job i want to go for.

My local TA unit is basically a transport regiment so looks like RLC Driver is the most suitable option for me, question is what is the job like in the TA?

If i go on operations what will i most likely be doing as a driver in the RLC? Driving off-road vehicles etc delivering supplies to the troops? My ideal job
    would be driving the armoured vehicled that carry the troops into action and getting involved directly on the frontline, but is there a job for this in RLC or Ta?

Thanks

2. Yes there is. Ensure you have a nerves of steel and great brew making skills. The broom is provided...

3. Feared this repsonse, not sure if i should take you seriously or not. Is the job that boring and worthless as a driver?

4. No wally. I'm jokoing. There is alot of 'kettle' stuff that I have observed in certain RLC elements. You'll love it. HGV off roading, shooting, chances to go overseas. Serious bit over, OK?