Jobs for the boys and girls

Currently recruiting and seeking to put this as widely amongst the Corps as possible: ICAREC Job add in London

Completely blowing my cover, but happy to take questions either via PM or the email address in the posting.

You may find an applicant or two in the 'darker' community; they're all closet Leninists, happy to take money from the other side. Alternately, there must be a few willing to enter the tent to piddle on the groundsheet.

When's the next Election?

You may find an applicant or two in the 'darker' community; they're all closet Leninists, happy to take money from the other side. Alternately, there must be a few willing to enter the tent to piddle on the groundsheet.

When's the next Election?
The insinuation in your post is an outrageous slur on the officials of such an ancient institution.

..but about two years as it happens.

(edited to add: and in all seriousness, a significant part of this job is to professionalise the aforementioned institution in a number of areas in which it has, through no fault of its own, been cutting its own detail)

Last edited:
Excuses, excuses. Sounds interesting, actually. I've often wondered what it would be like to work for a 'governmental' organisation after having been subject to one for the standard 22yrs (I'd have been fired on the dot of the three month probation, but given the experience that it could offer, could understand an application).

It should state on the job spec whether an ability to sound like D1ck Van Dyke in Mary Poppins will put candidates at an advantage over other applicants.

It should state on the job spec whether an ability to sound like D1ck Van Dyke in Mary Poppins will put candidates at an advantage over other applicants.
No it shouldn't. The candidate's ability to make that judgement for themselves is a key part of the assessment criteria.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
The whole fkin Army is recruiting. You need more snowflakes.
_105048973_14dc90fc-b3dc-4055-a6c3-c0d6da0ee038.jpg

Can you describe an occasion where you've had to do something innovative in the work place, yoo facking mug?

Can you describe an occasion where you've had to do something innovative in the work place, yoo facking mug?
Apparently HR is in a feedback loop flat spin over whether describing the interviewer as a "right sort" is a postive or negative.

Sorry, just being flippant.

The website has such a glaring error that was not corrected during proof reading.
Dear God, don't say things like round here! I don't know what the collective noun for a group of pedants is or how you would describe it in a feeding frenzy, but that's what you're unleashing.