• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Jobs for dependants in Germany?

Maybe the wrong Forum, MOD's please move if ness.

I am applying for LSL, and i was going to apply for General duties and Estate Warden roles.

However i have 2 kids living at home, 16 and 17 yr old.

If i moved them to Germany,are there any jobs out there for them? They would be 18 and 19 by the time i moved.

If so in what areas?

Thanks for any advice.

Alsacien

MIA
Crunchie said:
Maybe the wrong Forum, MOD's please move if ness.

I am applying for LSL, and i was going to apply for General duties and Estate Warden roles.

However i have 2 kids living at home, 16 and 17 yr old.

If i moved them to Germany,are there any jobs out there for them? They would be 18 and 19 by the time i moved.

If so in what areas?

Thanks for any advice.
Do they speak the German?

Alsacien

MIA
Crunchie said:
Both at GCSE level C and B, but not fluent.
They effectively cannot speak German at all then. Teenagers are unless, ones that cannot communicate more so....

Have you thought about using it as an educational opportunity? You could look into several options - language with the Goethe Institute, OU or other distance learning, international schools or any combination?

Crunchie said:
Both at GCSE level C and B, but not fluent.
Not being funny, but Germany has also had a recession. In addition to speaking German as a mother tongue Heed children tend to speak at least two other modern European languages at close to fluency. I would also argue that their general education, especially in maths & scineces, is far superior to ours.

Your kids are going to have to be pretty special to get any work at all in the German market.

Crunchie, I am in Germany, LSL GD and have employeed lads of that age group many times as labourers. Apart from that work, it mostly clerical work that is on offer. Bear in mind, if you are lucky to get LSL, it will be a 5 year post which you could extend out to 7. By that time I would have thought your lads would have moved on and got a job back in the UK. Or like many of our kids, they join up.

Thanks for the advice.

It was an option, but after discussion if i do go for it it will be married unaccompanied as both my lads are studying A/S and a levels at present.

Cheers anyway.

Latest Threads