Jobs after the forces/ private security industry

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by steeraway9, Mar 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello Gents,

Im looking for advice on civilian jobs, im an ex royal engineer, looking at returning to the Uk from a Security Risk Management job in Afghanistan.

Has any one else struggled to find a suitable, decently paid, and interesting job once leaving the forces or similar jobs as mine.

there seems to be bugger all about in terms of middle management within the security industry thats not contracted only.

im looking for a second career, not temporary, or contract work, is this to much to ask in todays climate?

Any advice on your own experiences would be welcome, if i am unsuccesful in finding a suitable job then my next step will be to visit the recruitment office!!!

cheers gents

2. Ever thought of the commercial surveillance industry? Quite easy to break into being ex-military and pays quite well if you go full time.

Upside = Plenty of work, especially around London, usually working with ex-mil like minded people, fast paced (mostly) and always rewarding and exciting.

Downside = You would probably start from the bottom, as an operative. Mega early starts and late finishes, long periods in the OP with nothing happening.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)