Jobs after leaving army

I don't think they do that role anymore, although I may be wrong. The signals have had some big revamp and a bunch of new roles have been introduced.

I think I'm going to go for Power Engineer or Cyber Engineer. I'd like to of joined as a aircraft or electrical technician but don't have all the required grades.

Thanks for your suggestions. Except for the few totally unhelpful ones, you guys can go F yourself.
Is English a second language? It might explain why you couldn't get a job as a BAT.

A few of you need to get off your high horse
Oh jocky pays well?

But if you are looking at an army career that pays well out the army then suggest this route.
C, C+E, ADR Core+Packages+Tanks, Army Petroleum Tanker Course, LPG1 & Driver CPC (after leaving the army)
With Airside Security then LHR or LGW Plane refueler or Tanker Driver for Hoyer - Salary £45-£75k

C+E ADR Explosives/Radioactive mostly driven by Army or AWE and pays well.

RLC/REME Storekeeper, All Arms Storekeeper+Armory Course within Civil Service £18-£22500
Various locations mostly Ammunition Stores or Base Dumps, be prepared to work 24/7 shifts

Generalissimo and all round Dictator. It worked for Idi Amin after a short period in the British Army after enlisting as a cook. He also won a Victoria Cross.

If you stay as a private for 22 years , you will get a RSM's pension and never have to work again, I hope this helps

SO1 in some Procurement role has got to be worth a punt. 22 years in, followed by a nice sinecure in the defence industry.

Jam3s0408

Swinger
Oh jocky pays well?

But if you are looking at an army career that pays well out the army then suggest this route.
C, C+E, ADR Core+Packages+Tanks, Army Petroleum Tanker Course, LPG1 & Driver CPC (after leaving the army)
With Airside Security then LHR or LGW Plane refueler or Tanker Driver for Hoyer - Salary £45-£75k

RLC/REME Storekeeper, All Arms Storekeeper+Armory Course within Civil Service £18-£22500
Various locations mostly Ammunition Stores or Base Dumps, be prepared to work 24/7 shifts
Can I PM you?

Yes.
But are you in the Army now or looking at the Army as a foot up for a few years.
As you would probably be 3 to 7 years in before you had the experience for Airports or Hoyer.

Within the Army, I only ever knew Ammo Techs hold both ADR class 1 and class 7.

Within the Army, I only ever knew Ammo Techs hold both ADR class 1 and class 7.
Yes that was normal, I held Class 1 & 7 but as a Civil Servant, but never got the pay for it!!!

Jam3s0408

Swinger
Yes.
But are you in the Army now or looking at the Army as a foot up for a few years.
As you would probably be 3 to 7 years in before you had the experience for Airports or Hoyer.
Thanks

The minimum would be 4. Maybe I'll do 8, maybe I'll make a full career out of it. I'm not really sure what I'll be doing past 4 years tbh. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do but I do know I want it to be something I could use outside of the military to secure a decent paying job.

Latest Threads