Jobs after leaving army

Quite simple , join Army and pass basic training ...any outstanding potential will be noted and you can request to have a bash at Special Forces Selection. To be honest it should be a breeze now with the new fitness test, Once you have been around the world on secret missions you can write a book about your adventures.

Issi

War Hero
The RLC is perfect for you. You could be a chef (like multimillionaire Gordon Ramsey), or a driver ( like multimillionaire Lewis Hamilton), or.............and I freely admit I'm struggling now.

Which role in the army will enable me to go on to a high paying job once I leave the force?
Very few have direct civvy equivalent.

Take your people skills (basically a self-contradictory blend of bullshit, integrity, brutal honesty and Sphinx-like impassivity) and make them work elsewhere.

Construction is good; money, fun, results, not so PC.

Jam3s0408

Swinger
Royal Signals Communications Systems Engineer.

There, I've said it. Tell me I'm wrong :)
I don't think they do that role anymore, although I may be wrong. The signals have had some big revamp and a bunch of new roles have been introduced.

I think I'm going to go for Power Engineer or Cyber Engineer. I'd like to of joined as a aircraft or electrical technician but don't have all the required grades.

Thanks for your suggestions. Except for the few totally unhelpful ones, you guys can go F yourself.

I don't think they do that role anymore, although I may be wrong. The signals have had some big revamp and a bunch of new roles have been introduced.

I think I'm going to go for Power Engineer or Cyber Engineer. I'd like to of joined as a aircraft or electrical technician but don't have all the required grades.

Thanks for your suggestions. Except for the few totally unhelpful ones, you guys can go F yourself.
Is power engineer the bloke that puts more diesel in the generator twice a day?

Seriously, comedy tramp, you know it makes sense!

Before you go :

It's 'have'.

Not 'I'd like to of joined . . . '

'I'd like to have joined . . .'

Not 'of'.

'Have'.

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Whatever you join you should aim at becoming a Regimental Provost Sergeant. After that a career in man management at QinetiQ will beckon.

Latest Threads