Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Job roles Avionics?

Jordan8w

Swinger
Hello all looking on advice on job roles I currently am a qualified vehicle tech and I applied to be an avionics technician however I just realized I don't have grade c in English language however I do have grade c in English literature, grade b in maths two grade c's for science, grade c in statistics, Btec level 2 engineering, level 2 construction and functional skills level 2 in ICT. I also have a VTAA which is equivalent to a level 3 as a vehicle technician. What's the chance of getting a educational waiver and if it's unlikely what other job options could I choose? (Looking to get out of the vehicle tech trade) Thank you all advice

you'll do fine. Most avos moonlight as domestic electricians/car mechanics/computer fixers/light aircraft bashers....don't worry about it. As long as you can walk upright, eat without drooling, can read a wiring diagram or a pinout diagram and know your way around a multimeter,you'll be grand.

Jordan8w

Swinger
you'll do fine. Most avos moonlight as domestic electricians/car mechanics/computer fixers/light aircraft bashers....don't worry about it. As long as you can walk upright, eat without drooling, can read a wiring diagram or a pinout diagram and know your way around a multimeter,you'll be grand.
Hello thanks for that but do you think I could get the educational waiver as I don't have a c in English language?

Bobby_Bert

Old-Salt
The educational waivers only apply to Officer candidates. However, you will be able to apply with with your C grade English literature. As it meets the equivalent qualification criteria.

I have confirmed this for you this morning via a serving Careers advisor. Best of luck.

Jordan8w

Swinger
The educational waivers only apply to Officer candidates. However, you will be able to apply with with your C grade English literature. As it meets the equivalent qualification criteria.

I have confirmed this for you this morning via a serving Careers advisor. Best of luck.
According to my army careers officer this is not the case and I will need a waiver for my English? She said that English literature does not count towards my English language. That's why I'm worried.

Latest Threads