Job Role

Discussion in 'REME' started by Ultima, Jul 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright guys, hopefully it's alright for me to post here.

I'm only the in the app process the now but my first job choice is Weapons System Engineer, recruiter wasn't too sure on intake amounts and such, they were shutting soon aswell, it being a Friday, so i didn't want to keep them haha.

Assuming of course i pass all related tests and actually get offered this postion, how often do they intakes for this role?

2. I'm not in a position to answer your question but I have one of my own. Weapons System Engineer, is this what they are now calling my old trade, Gun Fitter / Artificer Weapons, or is it something completely different?

Genuine question, been out of touch for a long time.

3. http://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/role/7/weapons-system-engineer/

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ah looks like the new armourer role I'm guessing...

5. Yeah, sorry didn't realise it had a name change, heh. It goes on to the Weapons Artificer role after going through the ranks a bit.

Just wondering to be honest, i haven't heard many people at all saying there going in for this, it's usually things VM and so on. I'm not bothered about the wait, just was interested in the demand for that role. Maybe some feedback about how it actually is, i mean from the description it sounds really interesting.

6. Maybe things have changed since I was in but every armourer I knew seemed to have a cushy job.

I served in afghan along side a good mate that was an armourer and he just go left alone to do his job. They were rarely in large teams do they just looked after themselves and avoided the bullshit.

But I'm guessing things could be different depending on where your posted. Battalions are shite for everyone apparently but I didn't serve in one so can't give an opinion.

But ye mate from what I saw it was a great job and I nearly retraded to be one myself. Interesting work and you still get the variety of being posted anywhere that a VM does.

If that's what you want to do then wait it out for your spot mate.

Of course VMs will still accuse you of sitting in the amoury and playing dungeons and dragons but every trade has there stereotypes :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sounds good.

Cheers for that man :)