Job Interview with the Army Families Federation

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by BuggerAll, Dec 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I have a job interview with the Army Families Federation. Other than reading the journal and looking at thier website I've had no previous contact with them.

I'm interested to know what people expect and want from the AFF. What issues you think it should cover...

Any comments gratefully accepted.

2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Not sure what you're going for but I've had some contact with the AFF and they are solid. Good luck with the interview.

Current issue of the Army Families Journal has a very useful dit on what partners and family might expect when the soldier in the house comes home - reprinted here courtesy of the gorgeous pouting editor,Cathy ,for those who don't often sight the AFJ:

Copyright AFF Families Journal 2005

TA families often feel that their left out of the loop when it comes to Welfare. The AFF have a full-time staff member ,Tina Thornber, who is completely TA focussed. She can be contacted via the Army Families Federation and by email at
    info@familiesjournal.org.uk .

pip pip y'all, 8)

Le Chevre

3. Work for AFF? Just do the following:

Turn your collar up
    Wear Pearls
    Wear MS Pullover
    Wear MS Blu stockings (Phwoarrrr...)
    Blue slip on shoes.
    Finished off with Alice Band in hair.
    Refer to the solders as boys or chaps and generally have a 1950s stiff upper attitude to life.

Jobs yours :wink:

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

:lol:
    Funny ol' thing - Major Tina 'NAILS'' Thornber doesn't do any of those things - but she is a very down-to- earth ex TA mum who will listen attentively to any TA family members who are worried about stuff while their One and Only is away on Telic or Herrick or Oculus , defending every Briton's right to free speech, peace, freedom and a hard-boiled egg !

BS - you forgot to mention -
    Blue Striped Office shirt worn with collar turned up under the M&S cardie
    May answer to 'Flick' or 'Fee' - short for Felicity/Fiona respectively
    Or possibly 'Bunty'
    Volvo estate with dog-guard parked outside.

BTW, check this out - http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=27527.html

Never forget, THESE are the sort of women that made the Nazi hordes think TWICE - " I don't know what they do to the enemy but by God they scare the bejasus outta me" (His Grace The Duke of Wellington)- Gawd bless 'em ! :)

<< Bonne weekend Tous >>

Le Chevre

5. Found that article really interesting - would have been very useful when OH went on op tour and we had only been together a few months. Where can I get a copy?

Schlafenmonster

6. The article is in part 1 of the online edition of the Dec 05 AF Journal - you will find a link on THIS page (click). Cheers

7. Like Goatman, have done a bit for the AFF Report. The TOP SHELF seem to be listening at last, get the girls involved, bash some ears and way hey. Well Done Tina!!!!

8. Thanks Hackle 8)

Schlafenmonster

9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Had a good interview but didn't get the job - Oh Well. As a result of the interview I've been asked to write a paper on the particular issues of being a 'husband of' I'll start another thread to see if anybody has any ideas. Thanks.

10. When my man came back from optelic 1, he blew all that good advice in the booklet clean out of the window, he never even told me he was coming back, he just walked in through the door one saturday, when i was upto my arms in soapsuds! Money? nothing changed while he was away as everything is paid on direct debit anyway. T.V. control? he's welcome to it.The goin away part? with my job, i hardly had the time or the energy to notice he was gone! Kids? used to it. The bottom line is, everything carried on just the same as though he had only been away a day, household wise, the only problem i encountered with him coming home was not being able to spread out all over the bed anymore.

11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Silly B-B...that's what he'd been LOOKING FORWARD to !! :lol: