Job in Scotland (West Lothian)

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Cloggie, Jan 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking for a decent job near/in Livingston,West Lothian as I'm about to spend the rest of my life there.
    I've got 18+ years of expierence in warehousing/storage in a (lorry)trailer building company in the Netherlands.
    If you have any info on a job available,please pm me for further details.

Thanks in advance.
    Clogs.

2. Cloggie, see pm

3. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

There's a fair few supermarket depots around that area being as it can supply both East and West coast from there.

Used to be a really big chilled/freezer one at Livingston.

If you want to go public sector, try NHS Lothian, they often require folk in their transport division.

4. ohhh bump..

5. X59

X59 LE

Seriously Cloggie, what are you thinking of, moving there ?

I left West Lothian to join the army at 16, just around the time of almost complete economic collapse in the area.

BMC / British Leyland and British Steel, both of them in Bathgate went down the toilet at the same time lumping half the working population onto the dole.

Stroke of further bad luck was added to the woes by the miners strike and closure of the pits.

Must confess to being out of touch with the job market, as I only make short ( very ******* short ) visits back there, but don't get any feeling the place is on the up.

There are lots of excellent places if you travel for 20 miles in any direction from Bathgate, and only then do you escape the self pity and whinging that "it's all Thatchers and Englands fault" for everything from the war in Afghan to the constant shit weather ! Which to quote a famous comedian consists of 2 seasons - July and winter.

Instead of Livingston, you may want to consider living in Gaza, at least the sun shines on them.

Sorry I can't be of any real help. Good luck.

6. I left there at 18. Best decision I ever made.