job choices?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Peter-t123, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi, i'm slightly confused about the 3 job choices you have to put down. When i originally went to the recruiting office, got given all the forms etc i said that i wanted to be a joiner/carpenter in the engineers, thats the job i really want to do and the one i have a passion for, i didnt realise at the time you still had to pick another 2... i went back the other day to do my barb, english numeracy passed all of them, the next step now is the first interview, when i went for my bard the sergeant told me its compulsory that you have to have 3 job choices and said i need to think of two other cap badges id be interesting in joining, my question is, does this mean i cant put down for my other two choices, re- metalsmith and re- electrician (just as an example) and that i have to apply for two other completely different corps/badges? do all engineer roles count as only one choice? thanks for any potential replies and apologies if i havent made my question very clear

2. If you want to do carpentry, then do carpentry. The reason they give you 3 choices is if the first isn't available, obviously you could be waiting years if there aren't any vacancies.

The best people to speak to are the guys in the office btw, it's what they get paid for after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.