Job choices.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Bigfix, Mar 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I've got quite a few job choices in mind, however I have got too narrow it down to three. At the moment it is looking like this,

1 - Infantry - Royal Anglian

2 - REME - (Don't know what as, researching it.)

3 - RE - (Don't know what as, researching it.)

Could anyone give me some advice, such as is the Royal Anglian a good choice? What to go for in REME/RE?

I don't want to sound like some sort of kid who wants to join up to get a gun, but I am more interested in the 'combat involved' part of the army, such as the infantry. I understand many people will say all of the army is combat involved, hence Soldier first, trade second. I'm hoping you get what I mean as I'd rather be in a more combat side of the army, for example I chose the Infantry as my first choice.

Also, I was wondering, how involved in combat are REME and RE? Do they get attached to an infantry regiment?

Sorry to be a pain, but if you wouldn't mind helping me out here I'd highly appreciate it.

2. The REME and RE don't get involved, they just get on with the job and if an attack comes their way then they know how to deal with it...
  3. And you would know this how exactly?
  4. Ahh okay, then for me I'm guessing I should go for the infantry.

5. Don't listen to this half-wit, hasn't got a clue.
  6. Haha, okay. You're in 33 Royal Engineers? (taking that from your signature.) What is it like? And yet again, I don't want to sound like some film addicted kid who thinks it will be fun to hold a gun but are they combat involved? As I said thats really what I think suits me.

7. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Stick to what you know which in this case is bugger all.
  8. clearing ground in front of the Infantrry while under contact enough "combat" for you? Obviously the Infantry will conduct strike op's, deliberate coy/battallion attacks and the like but as a searcher in a REST, you will see more than your fair share of "combat".
  9. I know this much....

10. Great input. Did you type in the URL with your head dobber?
  11. Ironic, given your surname.
  12. I used my huge throbber to type it wouldn't know anything about that though would ya?! :bow:

13. There you go fellah.Fixed it for ya!
  14. Stop flirtin skuller, you really are giving me a hard on! Which ones Maverick and which ones Ice Man?
  15. Right, you seem a bit more savvy than most new accounts, guessing this is a 2nd or 3rd account. Will leave it at that.