Job choices!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by white_rabbit, Dec 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So my medical forms have finally been sorted, got my interview date but i only have 1 job choice...that being Para, the guy was pissed off at me as i have had ages to come up with another one but i just cant decide on anything else as i dont really want to be anything but a para, it seems im being forced out of my initial choice but im determined. So should i just pick 1 out of a hat or what, any help would be appreciated :? .
  2. RAC - if you can make the trade
  3. By that do you mean did i get a good BARB score and such? if so i can do any job according to my recruiter; he is trying to get me into some kind of engineering role (at least when we were last talking he was).
  4. Why pick something else if you don't want to do anything else???

Tell him you don't want to pick a second choice, as that's all you're interested in.
  5. I did try that but to no avail...he said i need to have a second choice and he said so whats your run time and it was 8.30 but lower now so its not like im gona fail physically...i just dont see the point picking another if im not intrested in it?
  6. Ive tried the army website but its struggling to load so the more help the better :) ....can i choose another regiment in the infantry or does it have to be a different role entirely as i didnt really get told?
  7. You can choose another Infantry Regiment if you like.
  8. If you only have one choice and don't make the grade for Para you will fail ADSC and have to return again to be considered to do something else. If you have a second choice you could pass ADSC first time. There are a lot of wannabee Paras out there who think they are better than they actually are.
  9. You could join The Light Dragoons, best formation recce regiment at the minute, whislt there you hone recce skills, at any time you can do the AA Cdo Cse and Jumps course.

Once a crew comd, and been in a bit for for UKSF selection
  10. Myne were Infantry, Infantry and RA. 1st one being the Infantry regiment i wanted, 2nd one being my local regiment and the 3rd one being an attachment to the 1st choice.
  11. intentionally provocative? its not exactly impossible mate as far as fitness goes im not worrying i did the insight course and passed everything comfotably so i just have to remain switched on to do the rest...
  12. The Paras aren't better than a normal regiment they just have a better propaganda machine.
  13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Quiet boy - back to your homework.
  14. Get a trade. That's all I can recommend. If you want advise on what's on offer in the Engineers PM me.
  15. Can someone going for the Infantry get a trade aswell?