Job choice.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by cestrian20, Jul 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I have passed adsc yesterday with an A and have been told that I am suitable for my 1st 2nd and third job choices. My first choice is the int corp, which needs another selection stage but for my own reasons would prefer my second choice. Before I contact my ACIO on monday, is it still possible to tell them I would rather get an enlistment date for my second choice then proceed with the additional selection for my first? Or do i have to fully commit to my first even though I am suitable for all 3?

Thank you in advance!
  2. WatchingWater

WatchingWater Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Job choices aren't set in stone, so the best thing to do is talk to your ACO about it and explain why. Well done on the A grade mate! I got myself at the start of this week :)
  3. What's the 2nd choice?
  4. what is your second or third job choice
  5. RMP, I have weighed up both jobs for two years, got persuaded toward OPMI by the recruitment officers but RMP is more me, its what I wanted 2 years ago when I first applied and its what I know I want now.
  6. You have to go in for an Interview 4 now chat about your Job choice....however once you have decided which one be definate you want it because if you do decide to change afterwards your Recruiter will have to speak to the ADSO who interviewed you to get permission to change next time. NO you cant set your job choice for RMP then go on an INT Selection.......just make sure before you go into see your Recruiter tomorrow which way you want to go and remember once in you cannot change either.