Job changes

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by FeroXs, Nov 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello guys and gals.

I have my ADSC on Monday and was wondering at which point the job choices I put down are set in stone, so to speak. The jobs I put down are all in the sigs but I'm increasingly thinking I would enjoy/be more suited towards combat jobs.

I figured I'd ask on here first, just so I don't seem indecisive to any staff.

(I posted this earlier and then deleted it because it was in the wrong forum)
  2. Well when you go to selection you are applying, and being tested, for the jobs you have chosen as different corps have different physical and mental entry requirements.

So pretty much set in stone now.
  3. no its not you can change your job choices any time up until the last few weeks of phase 1
  4. Not at all.
  5. Well I stand corrected.

I was under the impression you had to choose a regiment within your chosen corps by roughly halfway through basic? It doesn't even make sense that you can change it. Theoretically you could go for something with low entry standards for the run times, etc. then just switch :\
  6. Ah I see. Appreciate the replies been really helpful, thanks.
  7. Obviously you can not switch to a job that you have not acheived the required standards for. There are 4 levels for the run time so you could change job choice to anything aslong as you have acheived the required time, if you get 12:45 (that is going off ADSC standards, as some AFCO's have their own standards they want you to acheive) you can apply for any job in the army apart from the paras.
  8. Ah I see, that does make sense.