job changes??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as always i was browsing the army website and noticed the job im going for communcation system operator NOW needs no GCSE's yet a week ago and for the last year you needed a D in mathamtics and English, now the online careers office is stating i need NO GCSES and never did in order to do this job.

So bring on the WHA's to the army and discuss any other job choices that have changed today... note: electirical in the signals now you can have eaither a physics subject when you never did before

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
My god, have they seriously changed this?

Next you'll be telling me that National Service doesn't happen any more. :roll:

Flexibility they called it in my day. Mind you, you only needed a C in Maths and English O-level to get a commission then. Oh and your rugger colours. And an uncle in the regiment. We were happier then though.

A 'D' in Maths and English? Is it worth it? Hardly an insurmountable barrier is it? After 'D' it should be as good as a 'fail'.

For those who didn't get a 'D' or better in English, an 'insurmountable barrier' means an obstacle you can't get over. :D

oldbaldy

LE
Broker said:
Well! As always I was browsing the army website and noticed the job I'm going for; communication system operator NOW needs no GCSE's, yet a week ago and for the last year you needed a D in mathematics and English, now, the online careers office is stating I need NO GCSES and never did in order to do this job.

So bring on the WHA's to the army and discuss any other job choices that have changed today... note: electirical in the signals now you can have either a physics subject when you never did before
Tried to help with punctuation & spelling but the last sentence has me beaten!!

Alot of jobs have changed the requirements needed to join, this has been a recent thing. Though you will still have to take the 'TST' on selection.

Different jobs require different scores so you still need to have an understanding of Maths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads