job changes??

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Broker, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well as always i was browsing the army website and noticed the job im going for communcation system operator NOW needs no GCSE's yet a week ago and for the last year you needed a D in mathamtics and English, now the online careers office is stating i need NO GCSES and never did in order to do this job.

So bring on the WHA's to the army and discuss any other job choices that have changed today... note: electirical in the signals now you can have eaither a physics subject when you never did before

2. The British Army, lying? No Sir, I shall not stand for this!

3. you'll be ok, theres not many trades that call for quals in English.

4. Requirements change.

Goalposts move.

Its the Army, get used to it.

5. I wouldn't say that was lying... is this a wind-up?

6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Dyslexic windup?

7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

My god, have they seriously changed this?

Next you'll be telling me that National Service doesn't happen any more. :roll:

8. Flexibility they called it in my day. Mind you, you only needed a C in Maths and English O-level to get a commission then. Oh and your rugger colours. And an uncle in the regiment. We were happier then though.

9. Does this mean it's safe for me to come home again now?

10. A 'D' in Maths and English? Is it worth it? Hardly an insurmountable barrier is it? After 'D' it should be as good as a 'fail'.

For those who didn't get a 'D' or better in English, an 'insurmountable barrier' means an obstacle you can't get over. :D

11. Ain't that the truth.

Now, get off the bus.

And.... back on again.

12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Tried to help with punctuation & spelling but the last sentence has me beaten!!

13. meaning: you only used to need a D in mathamatics, However now the requirements:
    D in Mathematics or Physics-based Science

14. Alot of jobs have changed the requirements needed to join, this has been a recent thing. Though you will still have to take the 'TST' on selection.

Different jobs require different scores so you still need to have an understanding of Maths

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.