Joanna Lumley Wears Hot Teeshirt in Public

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Markintime, Oct 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In case you missed the link to her video:

Her Lumleyness

2. That should get peoples' attention :D

Well done Joanna!

3. Yeah, she was on "Al Murray's Happy Hour" last night. Looks like she just went on to give the cause a shameless plug on the telly. Well done Joanna. :D Got a great reception for it too from 'The Pub Landlord'.

And I still would. Ooooohhh most definitely. Joanna that is... :p

I'm still trying to work out how it is that these fine Ghurkha chappies can't live here when the terrorist that survived the Iran Embassy seige gets to stay. :? :x

4. Well done jo-anna

5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

She's just sent me a very nice e mail because I've signed and joined
    Top campaign everyone I know who has a mail box is about to be sent it
    Al Murray is a fan of the forces as his dad was Lieutenant Colonel Ingram Bernard Hay Murray RE

6. Well done Joanna. As she says in the video, it's not about sending money, it's names of people showing support.

Quick question / suggestion - Do any permissions need to be sought from on-high, in order for the .pdf to be printed out and posted up in NAAFI's, Messes, etc.?

7. His grandfather was a renowned diplomat and Knight of the realm as well, involved in PsyWar in WWII and after.

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Nice one Joanna! Wonder if she'll sign worn unwashed tee & auction it for H4H...?

9. You live in a democracy mate. I'm not sure anyone would out themselves as a total pen1s by taking it down. Dont stick it on the Sqn notice board without asking the SSM but cant see it being a problem in public areas.

If the NAAFI can put up posters claiming quality and service, which are blatent lies, i'm sure a little help for the Gurkhas will be OK.

10. Just signed up, and I would :D

11. Don't forget those afghan hijackers who got to stay as well....

Met some great Ghurkas over the years and I'd be more than happy for them to be my neighbours.

12. Thanks Markintime for this post. Signed.

13. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I would take a Ghurka neighbour over 60% of the UK population anytime of the day and twice on a Sunday

14. Signed and link added to e-mail signature block.

15. Singed.

Met some Gurkas at the Burma Star Reunions in Blackpool in the late 90s, early 00s.

Ditto all comments above.