Joanna Lumley - The Times’s Briton of the Year

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dunservin, Dec 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Joanna Lumley: absolutely fearless and still going strong
    She gets my vote too. So when will it be 'Dame Joanna'?
  2. A bar in Sheffield?
  3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

When we get a proper government, not one whose primary perspective is selfish, petty vindictivness....
  4. You are surely not referring to our current valient and beleaugered leadership? And back on thread, good luck to Joanna, who had the balls to do what she had to do in the early days of her careeer to support herself and became a star.
  5. One of Britains real stars- attractive, cultured and intelligent- and also able to stand her own corner when needs be, and speak out for whats right.

Some of these "X Factor/ Big Brother 15 minute wonders............." need to look listen and learn from her.

"Proper Chick" IMO
  6. Indeed so, and I still would.
  7. For our younger readers............

8. She should lead the next Government.

I'd walk barefoot over miles of broken glass just for the chance of sniffing her bike seat.
  9. Seconded :)
  10. Comgratulations to Joann Lumley - an absolutely fabulous person

who on earth is the idiot who posted the comment after the article who dares to call her "a chump"????????? Is it Phil Wools being a bad loser?
  11. I was going to type BZ, but given what the Great Lumley has achieved this year, "Shabash, memsahib" seems more appropriate.
  12. Oh Christ thats done it now...................................
  13. Cor, gorgeous then and "isn't it just" even now. A true Brit. Good for her.
  14. Is it loaded ?