JNCOs Drill Course

Hi all,

Has anyone done this course lately??

Those that have, what is the kit list? Is it Number 2 dress or combat 95's? Ammo boots or Assault boots etc etc

Many Thanks

You'll get a kitlist with your joining instructions! This'll get sent to you direct from the AADW (that's if things haven't changed.... 92 was a looooong time ago!)

Yeah I understand that....

But I would like to know before I get the instructions which will inevitably the week before I have to go

Both CBT 95 and 2s you will wear 2s most of the times when teaching lessons Quality course make sure your in the bar every night cost me a fortune

If it's the Basic Drill Instructors Short Course (i.e. for TA) then it's C95 only... and very shiny boots!!!.... and a sturdy liver!

Enjoy... It's a great course. Say hi to the hedge for me!

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
Why!!! argghhhh

freebie said:
If it's the Basic Drill Instructors Short Course (i.e. for TA) then it's C95 only... and very shiny boots!!!.... and a sturdy liver!

Huh???

When did that one start?

I thought the TA one was the 2 week All Arms Drill Instructor - Attention to Detail - I LEFT YOU IN THIS POSITION... Stand Still Course!

I have heard of TA chaps doing the cerimonial week on the Reg course.

Woah sweet child o' mine, get your tape first man... I mean it's probably well on it's way anyway, but calm down. :wink:

Hmm I need a course this year mind... and a promotion would be nice (please boss, if you read this).

I can't think of one TA bloke who has done it, not even of the recruiting side of things, TA don't often / ever get dragged into ceremonial dutys aprat from rememberance day so why bother with a drill pigs course. One day of it on the Cpl course in Blanny is enough for anyone !!

You can't beat a bit of drill - good for the soul. Plus we need more drill pigs so that we don't look like a total shower of cack every rememberance day! We only march about 200 metres with an eyes left in the middle and everytime we end up with 17 different steps! (I was papping myself prior to the VE/VJ parade in Leeds 'cause I thought it would be an embarrasment but that worked quite well as we had a band to march behind so we didn't loose the step.)

Carlos_Hathcock_II said:
freebie said:

Huh???

When did that one start?

I thought the TA one was the 2 week All Arms Drill Instructor - Attention to Detail - I LEFT YOU IN THIS POSITION... Stand Still Course!

I have heard of TA chaps doing the cerimonial week on the Reg course.
My S/Mjr has done it and says it was one of the best courses he ever attended, loads of port loads of beastings (get your head in the hedge etc) but well worth it, he told me minimum rank is corporal as the give you a local so you can go in the sgts mess, is this correct anyone?

Attachments

I did the TA All Arms Drill Instructors Course back in 98 as a Lance Sgt (Cpl). I think the minimum reqd is Cpl (Substansive).

We do alot of cerimonial stuff so we need Drill Blokes, I had a couple of spair weeks, so went on the All Arms Port Drinking Course! I think I spent more in the bar/mess than I earnt in the 2 weeks! And it put me off port for years!

One to watch out for is a pint (or a giving set) of Gorrillor snot! (Gunniess and weatabix and something else mixed)

freebie said:

when i did the course in 2002 there were three regulars and 11 ta guys on the course first morning was fun when we did the tour of barracks we did it in No2's (i have never since seen 2's absolutly soaked just from sweat) becuase the only two guys apart from the regs with barrack dress were from the province in fact most of the course was done in 2's we were alowed to reduce it to shirts and 2's strides and do our home work in the evenings in sports kit. Apart from the nob of a Colour Sergeant instructor from the Grenadier Guards who had a chip the size of his gut on his shoulder the rest of the instructors were exceptionaly good and actually tried to teach us how to teach and get our drill up to scratch(a very hard job in a couple of cases) and i secretley loved every minute of it once i got into it if anyone is thincking of doing the course take lots of spare kit with you and learn the drill manuel before you go as my course upset C/Sgt nob by not knowing how to slow march and some had never done rifle drill which upset him aswell. it must be an easier course now if it is done in 95's as you dont have to worry about your kit as much as you do with 2's no random bits of brass everywhere on 95's

do they still make you show bin facing north on the room inspections

Ahhh yes the tour of Barracks.

'This is Sandies, Here you can get ... blah blah blah...' while marking time.

'Here is the Naffi... blah blah blah... you are not allowed here..' while marking time!

Funny you say that about the Grens chap, same happend on mine, the Grens Lad was a bulling chopper. All the other Grends lads I have met are great, just him. Not the same one though, cos the one on mine left a few years ago and is now.... a security guard! Chopper!

Shadow4 said:
There seems to bit some confilcting stories here...some say 2's some say 95's.....
just look at the dates people said they were on the course as i said in 2002 it was 2's someone who did it in april said it was in 95's from reading peoples posts i have worked out that the mighty drill god at the all arms drinking wing has changed what you wear on the course

carlos you never know the two grens bods might have been brothers i especially liked it when he(the grens nobber)made us mark time at the stables oh what fun he even asked me if i wanted to be there as my thighs were 4mm to low for him and every grenadier who i have ever meet when given this feckwits name have ALL said "that blokes a cnut"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bravo_Bravo Army Reserve 28
B AGC, RAPTC and SASC 59
RfnGeordie Army Reserve 11