jnco cadre

#5
1 Div did a in house Cadre course a few months ago, was meant to be just those that had a good chance of promotion but because of tours ended up being just about all of the siggis in the regiment
 
#6
All JNCO's do a cadre for promotion, however the content will differ depending on the Corps, or Arm. The CLM phase should be the same across the board, however the specialist to arm section will vary dependant on the cap badge. My JNCO cadre did include some infantry style things, however had there have been anyone from the infantry on it the probably would have found it highly amusing. Although it was sufficient to enable myself and my colleagues to survive in the field with our infantry colleagues should the need arise.

Sluice
 
#7
CO's cardre course isnt compulsary for promotion within the royal signals. however JCLM is compulsary once promoted to full screw.

Am on my cardre course on mon, looks like its going to be mainly infantry skils from wat ive heard of the guys who have done it before.
 
#8
itsneverdullinhull said:
CO's cardre course isnt compulsary for promotion within the royal signals. however JCLM is compulsary once promoted to full screw.
Am on my cardre course on mon, looks like its going to be mainly infantry skils from wat ive heard of the guys who have done it before.
My bold. JCLM is compulsory to qualify for promotion to full screw.
 
#10
2 years I believe.
 
#11
Deathfromabove said:
I know the infantry do one but do the corps all have to do the same type of one??? :?
Yes, it is similar. Only in the RAMC, they don't do a 'In House' course. When I was in, it was called a JMQC (Junior Management Qualification Course). This covered you up to the rank of A/Sgt, then you had to sit the SMQC to cover you up to the rank of WO1.
 
#14
one of the lads on our most recent jnco cadre started wagging his finger at some ramdom guy in trakkies whist in the que for scoff, even told the fella to wind his neck in!

unlucky for the now named private for life turns out the scouser lookilikee was a WO1 :pissedoff:
 
#15
ExMedic said:
Deathfromabove said:
I know the infantry do one but do the corps all have to do the same type of one??? :?
Yes, it is similar. Only in the RAMC, they don't do a 'In House' course. When I was in, it was called a JMQC (Junior Management Qualification Course). This covered you up to the rank of A/Sgt, then you had to sit the SMQC to cover you up to the rank of WO1.
you say ONLY IN THE RAMC but my reg, in the RAC did theirs in house

interesting where you get your info from??
 
#16
The JNCO Cadre is designed to teach budding soldiers ready for promotion how to lead a half section.

I believe that the reason we do it with an Inf type basis is the structure of the Section leads itself well to comand and control at half section level.

I think that it is also a good idea especially within Corps to do it Inf based, it helps us all remember were soldier first, trade second.

But that could just be me....
 
#17
I agree with you totaly, i've now done mine and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be hard going at times but i wouldn't of learned anything if it was easy :wink:
 
#18
Deathfromabove said:
Do all jnco's in the army have to do a cadre and if so are they all infantry based :(
1ST ANSWER IS NO :D 2ND ANSWER IS YES :( ...... EXPERIENCED THAT AT JLR.RAC..........BOVY....... : 8O
 
#19
Deathfromabove said:
Do all jnco's in the army have to do a cadre and if so are they all infantry based :(
No but you do have to complete the trade training and yes but it varies greatly on what corps or regiment you're part of cause the inf do a 2 week exercise in theirs and the int corps only do 5 days.

So it depoends on trade, what needs to be completed and whether you're on it with a load of bone heads that need to be taught everything from scratch. Although that may be why the inf do a longer cadre than some of us! :)

What trade are you going into?

If people know that they may be able to give better advice, cause different corps/regs have different rules on promotion as well.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bobby-Dazzla-82 The Training Wing 5
Ben_surfsup Army Reserve 7
Pacifist_Jihadist The Training Wing 0

Similar threads

Latest Threads