JLR RAC

E

error_unknown

Drove past Stanley Barracks in Bovi' the other day, for a look at my alma mater.

When did they close JLR?

Flyingrockdj

War Hero
After the SDR closed down all the old regimental depots and Junior entry was banned, 1992 I seem to remember, they had some sort of closing down do about then. It was being used as the school of army recruiting but that has goen tri service now I think. Was the Conq still out the front?  

E

error_unknown

sounds like somebody is jealous...

Wouldnt be a Winchester trained member of the AAC by an chance...?

Winchester, great place apart from the gay council house light infantry jncos whjo used to try to b**ger one constantly, better than junior girlie regiment

Personally i was a catterick commando.

why does it take 12+ months to train a junior leader when it take 8 weeks to train a commando..... cos they are thick   ;D ;D ;D

mkw said:
Personally i was a catterick commando.

why does it take 12+ months to train a junior leader when it take 8 weeks to train a commando..... cos they are thick   ;D ;D ;D
Simple - JLR was there to fully train soldiers who would go on to be the SNCOs of the future. Catterick was there to train cannon fodder. Any more questions?

The conk was still there when I lst looked (about 12 months ago). The Beehive Cafe's still there and still does great egg and chips. Ahhhhhhhhhh what memories.

So what sqn did you join in 2. I joined 3 initially then 2 when we amalgamated in fally, i went into the old F sqn. First i was 2Tp then SHQ.

extankie said:
So what sqn did you join in 2. I joined 3 initially then 2 when we amalgamated in fally, i went into the old F sqn. First i was 2Tp then SHQ.
I must know you then.

Think I went to C Sqn.

I have been in most. Recce, Command, Nero QM's, Badger (Old 2) and C Sqn.

Did you go to Girdwood? If you did I was in the ECM Cell. Now you Know who I am.

No wasnt in Girdwood.
Are you still in the regt?? I left in 2004 and joined RMP.
I also left after OPFOR 95 for 2 years and rejoine in 98 .
What sqn were you in on the first un tour , I was in Burma at Maple house.