Discussion in 'RAC' started by error_unknown, Jun 29, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Drove past Stanley Barracks in Bovi' the other day, for a look at my alma mater.

When did they close JLR?
  2. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

After the SDR closed down all the old regimental depots and Junior entry was banned, 1992 I seem to remember, they had some sort of closing down do about then. It was being used as the school of army recruiting but that has goen tri service now I think. Was the Conq still out the front?  
  3. Junior leaders gay school for council house kids
  4. sounds like somebody is jealous...

Wouldnt be a Winchester trained member of the AAC by an chance...?
  5. Winchester, great place apart from the gay council house light infantry jncos whjo used to try to b**ger one constantly, better than junior girlie regiment
  6. mkw

mkw Swinger

Personally i was a catterick commando.

why does it take 12+ months to train a junior leader when it take 8 weeks to train a commando..... cos they are thick   ;D ;D ;D
  7. Simple - JLR was there to fully train soldiers who would go on to be the SNCOs of the future. Catterick was there to train cannon fodder. Any more questions?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 70% of WO/RSM's where JLR. Nough said. Been reinvented as AFC. The wheel turns again.
  9. The conk was still there when I lst looked (about 12 months ago). The Beehive Cafe's still there and still does great egg and chips. Ahhhhhhhhhh what memories.
  10. I was at JLR in '90. I left the army in '99 as a L/Cpl.

11. Obviously not of the old school. Had it to soft and only did 12 mths in JLR! Sorry loser.
  12. Tankieboy what troop were you in? I was in Alma from Aug 90 until Jul 91. Then joined the 3rd.
  13. Arras, with Phycho RMP S/Sgt Saunders.
  14. I think JLR ceased to be in 1992. I had a mate there who was a chef. :wink: