JLR/RAC website

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Porridge_gun, Feb 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

I've just had an email saying the site is temporarily closing do to the site owner having issues regarding being held liable for content.

Whats happened? Anything joicy or is it all dull and of no consequence, I've not logged in for nearly a year.

2. Likewise, not logged on for eons as it was really dull and 95% of the posts were from the same 5 people.........................

3. Havent logged in their either, i did think it had gone belly up anyway, Soprano had done a load of stuff on there, and it all got thrown out, last lot were all up their own arrses.

4. Can't say I'm surprised there was a lot of bitching going on and a few people were throwing their Teddy's in the corner! Shame really as on this site its just banter, I for one shan't being going back in a hurry.

5. Well if you go back now its been made OBA members only can post. I think there has been at least 4 posts in the last couple of days.WOW Problem is either over moderation or no moderation and the topics that are allowed to be discussed now are almost entirly JLR. Well I ran out of JLR stuff and posted a topic about the tragedy last week and was told in no uncertain terms to refrain from doing so as this was for one of the other members. So I deleted my post and then they threw the whole thread in the bin. Not allowed banter there are much happier and relaxed places to while away the time than on there. Pity one can hope things may get better.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I agree with Soprano54 (ferk did I say that) and Scarletto. The 3 of us were in the same intake, we were all signed up to the JLR site, too many prima donnas who overmoderated and stamped on anything that didnt meet their idea of a suitable topic.

Like them, I will not be going back anytime soon. Sad really because the whole idea of the OBA and the JLR site had so much potential. It was supposed demonstrate and rekindle memories of what was one of the more important periods in our young lives as well as remembering those who had served. Shame that is soured by the actions of some who feel they are more important than others.

PS I am still young, well younger than Soprano54 and Scarletto anyway :)

10. Also a lot shorter :)

11. Well thats good at least we all agree sort of. Over moderation killed it that and some bad manners. There is still a moderator problem but the new admin are doing their best to get things going again. Having said that their first attempt was a massive screw up especially as they should have learned from the past cock up.
    I am happy to take critisim for being one of a number of those who posted frequently but was and still am of the opinion it was a free world and anyone was free to have their say. To be honest if it were left to the majority naff all would have been contributed. Anyway it may please some that the previous administrator deleted all my posts and profile leaving many topics totaly incorheant. This was done to all the Bad Lads.
    Having just visited but not contributed, as I am still unsure what a safe topic, especially as I was recently told not to, either start or contribute to topics on recent happenings in Afganistan as that was someone elses territory.
    It it seems many of the admin team find Facebook far to exciting and out of order and cant come to terms with the happenings on it. God help them if they try ARRSE. More tea vicar. The OBA was a good concept but, as it stands its dead in the water at the moment but, there is hope. Is there not?????????

12. Even that has disappeared!

13. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Uptight mincing tankies then?

Glad I never logged in if Soprano was telling stories about shoving HESH rounds up his troopers back box. :)

14. ISTR you couldn't get enough of it, you facking hermo!