jlr bovvy

so who apart from me was at jlr bovvy in 1974 i then went onto catterick to train pn chieftain then of to baor to my rgt 13/18

When 74? if september their are quite a few of us on here from that term, mostly B squadron.

I too was with P H. Passed of Dec 74 with [mega huge pass off 7 divisions passing off] Snowy, Mez, Taz, Mick B*ll*** etc. Remember C Sqn - 4 half pints per day per man - yeah right. It was a long way back to the spiders one eye on contra rotate on the lookout for Herman (just in case it was true)- coaches to Weymouth battered POSB's etc etc. :thumright:

I passed off Dec 74 to 3RTR with B*b C*ates, J*hn 'Sn*tty' R*ch*rds*n all originally A Sqn, then into C Sqn with the B Sqn lads for pass off term. Then straight to Hohne Gunnery School - which was, as I recall, accomodated with 13/18th.

What was the name of the big disco in Bergen with all the bars?

Joined 10 Sept 74 B Sqn seems like yesterday!!!!!
Part of the first 3 term group then of to Catterick for CVR(T) dvrs crse then to the 4/7 in Tidworth before joining the 15/19H in Ireland.

fire-lighter said:
I passed off Dec 74 to 3RTR with B*b C*ates, J*hn 'Sn*tty' R*ch*rds*n all originally A Sqn, then into C Sqn with the B Sqn lads for pass off term. Then straight to Hohne Gunnery School - which was, as I recall, accomodated with 13/18th.

`Zum Weinberg´,seen more blood spilled there than wine though!

midnight said:
fire-lighter said:

`Zum Weinberg´,seen more blood spilled there than wine though!
Cheers Midnight

tankieboy said:
Do we not have a JLR topic?
Show us your face 'Conehead' yep I've crossed over :thumleft:

tankieboy said:
Do we not have a JLR topic?
Show us your face 'Conehead' yep I've crossed over :thumleft: Anyway I were JLR Sep 77-Dec 78, Smith 14/20 KRH were my evil Trp Sgt. Any ex 14/20th can say what happened to him or the drill pig 'Rudge', nice bloke actually :thumleft:

Domart said:
I too was with P H. Passed of Dec 74 with [mega huge pass off 7 divisions passing off] Snowy, Mez, Taz, Mick B*ll*** etc. Remember C Sqn - 4 half pints per day per man - yeah right. It was a long way back to the spiders one eye on contra rotate on the lookout for Herman (just in case it was true)- coaches to Weymouth battered POSB's etc etc. :thumright:
Mez is apparently now ranching cattle in Alberta :thumright:

My march on parade was December 74 as a snotty and watched fire-lighter and his mates march off.

Bob Coates and Snotty Richards spent many a weekend falling through the front door and raiding the fridge for a big fry up.

Only for Fire-Lighters mum to go crazy as his father had no bacon, mushrooms and eggs left for his fathers sunday breakfast on the sunday morning!

Leaving me and my mates to carry on the tradition of getting plastered and raiding the fridge for the next 18 months of trainingg until pass out parade.

George Toomer and I went to 3RTR Fallingbostal while the others went to the horse muck spreaders, Blues & Royals, 17/21, Scots Greys and the Hussars.

Domart said:
Taz at Fenham Bks Newcastle MB Writing this Domart Who are you

WakeyWarrior said:
Domart said:
Taz at Fenham Bks Newcastle MB Writing this Domart Who are you
Cor!!!!!! Ain't seen ths thread for a while. And ......... no, I'm not the mother of your kids. I only moved to Bovvy in 2004.

Reading these threads brought a lot of good memories back but I can't honestly say I'd given the place much thought till now.
Remember 'Top of the Pops' on Thurs and the jnco's bar - the executive suite!

Domart said:
... I passed off then as well, last of the seven termers. I was B Sqn for first six terms then C for pass off term. Same troop as Des R*ss, Ty1er, Cowboy, etc

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hospitalcorpsman Gunners 6
E RAC 2404
GunnersQuadrant Gunners 583