JK Rowling outs Dumbledore as gay

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by devexwarrior, Oct 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7053982.stm

She took audience questions and was asked if Dumbledore found "true love".

"Dumbledore is gay," she said, adding he was smitten with rival Gellert Grindelwald, who he beat in a battle between good and bad wizards long ago.

The audience gasped, then applauded. "I would have told you earlier if I knew it would make you so happy," she said.

What a load of self serving shite of the first order.

"Oh lets score a few points from the tree hugging soft under belly of shite americans who think Harry Potter is literature"

Sorry to rant but why did she feel the need to do this and why did the BBC feel the need to report it.

2. So was Gandalf, well the actor anyway. I love the poster with him on, and big words above stating "Lord of the Rings" :)

3. Christmas is coming, better stir up some publicity and see if we can sell a few more million books - it might backfire though, especially in the States.

4. I supposed the wonky-faced cow will be crying into her huge pile of cash. I can envisage the bible bashers on about witchcraft and homosexual paedophilia now. Come to think of it, there's probably not a lot of heterosexuality in the whole school. All the baddies are awfully camp but sadistic, the McGonagal woman is a bit "tennis coach" and there's a lot of latent perviness. I bet the staff room is a right gimps' chamber. I wonder why few people have noticed that Daniel Radcliffe can't act. Him and Rupert Grint (Ron) have one facial expression between them - bewilderment. Dobby's a better actor and he's CGI-generated.

5. How upsetting. I'd always assumed the whole wizard thing was a metaphor for rampant arse banditry so popular in English public schools.

6. So what? I still fancy the pants off her.

7. Shock: characters usually have an unwritten backstory. Shock: not all backstories feature straight characters. Utter non-story: find it hard to see what the issue is.

8. She isn't a $ billionaire for nothing...

9. It's a boarding school FFS, what do you expect?

Personally, the prospect of Hermione clam-jousting with Cho Chang on the sly is all that's kept me interested.

10. Well, OK, I'm glad that's cleared up.

But what I need to know is: what's the story on Batman and Robin?

11. If you look at JK Rowling's background, she's very left wing, used to work for Amnesty Int I think.

12. Who gives a fuck?

Not because battydom is great/evil, but because she's a hack writing pap for dreary kidults.

13. Yep, and she's now set things up nicely for future publications! Bloody hell, a whole new readership for any future "back story" on Dumbledore - as noted, she's canny and certainly knows how to play the market. This is no casual aside, but part of a carefully calculated strategy.

14. Come on, if this helps kids read books then is really worthy of attack? I learnt to read from the Beano! While I have gone onto bigger and greater things literature wise (Viz :D ) you can't attack her for writing, I am guilty of reading some of her books, and while it's not Shakespeare or Tolstoy, if it gets kids interested in reading can she really be that bad, who really cares if a fictional wizard is gay or not?

15. I think some pretty serious questions need to be asked about how appropriate it is for this guy to be a headmaster of a boarding school in the first place.

Do the parents know?